Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2003, 07:29 AM
kpgclark

Default Millennium cabin

Newbie here... I'm booking a 7 night Caribbean on the Millennium and I think I'll do it through an internet site that has great prices but little personal help. I'm thinking of a 2C, 1C, or 2A but the cabin choices seem limited to bow or stern. For example, the 2C's are all over the Celebrity theatre. Are those specific cabins noisy? Anyone have thoughts about the bow and stern cabins in general? I know that we'll feel more movement, but I'm more concerned about blocked verandah views and noise.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Millennium cabin

On the Millie, we always get a 2C MIDSHIP,,Penthouse Deck.....never had a problem.
Old July 15th, 2003, 03:07 PM
SF Sharon

Has anyone sailed in the SS and S and A categories on the Millie or one of her siblings? Comments and links to pictures, please. Thank you!
Old July 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Beginner

I sailed in SS 6131 on the Infinity.....Balcony is large in that cabin....Service was great....
Old July 17th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Prosperian

Sharon-

My wife and I were on the Millennium last Sept. 10 day cruise E. Caribbean. Suite 6116/SS. Our room was tastefully furnished like what you might find in a Hyatt or Hilton. The suite comes with a good size bathroom and our traveling partners were suprised to hear that we had a full size bath tub? I guess the staterooms have stand up shower stalls?

We really enjoyed the Veranda with the 2 lounge chairs. It was our spot to take in the sun without the mob down at the pool. You can really get use to the Butler service, Afternoon teas, and hors d'oeuvres in your room. We drank our complimentary champagne before the Millie even got under way!

The room location was great. Quiet and easy access to all parts of the ship. Plenty of room in the closet (walk-in). The room is fairly midship and movement could only be detected by gazing at the horizon from the bed using the rail as a indicator. Otherwise, you couldn't tell you were on a ship.

We just booked a cruise on the Century 7 day W. Caribbean 1212/SS. I'm bringing my folks along this time but they are staying in an Inside Cabin on the other side of the ship. I hope they don't thow me overboard when they see our room!

Manny

Old July 17th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Marian Gonzalez

all the rooms are fine for just 7 nights
Old July 17th, 2003, 07:06 PM
SF Sharon

I'm still interested in those other categories mentioned, but best price I can get (bang for the buck) is a Category 1A. Are those already Concierge Class?

Comments already made very much appreciated and those forthcoming as well. :-)

Any particularly good or bad cabins?
Old July 18th, 2003, 03:49 PM
glum

The 1As are CC. A few people have complained about the noise on deck 9 1As as they are underneath one of the main public decks. Depends if you're a light sleeper I suppose
Old July 19th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Millennium cabin

The 1A's are concierge class unless you are booking for 2004-2005 cruise year. For those cruises, Celebrity has a category CC(concierge class) and the 1B's have been cklassified 1A, and the 1C's have been classified 1B. The 2004-2005 season starts around May 2004. The easiest way to tell is by the price. Look on Celebrity's website for the cruise you are considering and select no preference for cabin. If it is only $20-$30 difference between the 1A and the 1B, the 1A is not a concierge class and there should be a listing for CC. If the price difference is a couple of hundred and there is no CC category listed, then the 1A is concierge class.
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:14 PM
SF Sharon

Hmmm, I am a very light sleeper, and cabin noise would be a problem for me. I have earplugs, but prefer not to use them if not absolutely essential. I wake up more refreshed if I don't use the earplugs.

Are there any 1A cabins or cabin areas on Deck 9 which don't have the noise of the upper deck? If not, what is the best suggestion for a cabin category grade lower than 1A (for 2003), which still feels somewhat luxurious and isn't noisy?

I do have that chart that Celebrity published for the changes to cabin class, but thanks to daysatsea for providing that information here again for ready reference.

Prosperian, I really appreciate your detailed cabin comments. It always helps to know about specific cabins. On some ships it makes a huge difference. There are, for example, a couple of bad cabins on the Island and Coral Princess (maybe B205 and its counterpart on the other side of the ship, where water condenses on pipes). There are also some cabins on some ships that have unique balconies or interior shapes.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:49 AM
Admiral

I have booked a 1A underneath the spa area for my honeymoon. The complaints about noise have mainly come from people in the cabins underneath the Ocean Grill and the Riviera Pool areas. Most of the complaints I've seen have come from cabins in the 909x's. I've read that the cabins under the spa area are generally quiet.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:13 PM
SF Sharon

Thank you, Michelle....and my best wishes for your upcoming wedding and wow, what a Honeymoon! I wonder if under a whirlpool is OK, I mean, do the gurgling noises transfer through the pipes?
Old July 25th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the good wishes, Sharon! We picked cabin 9043, which appears to be under some lounge chairs in the Thalassotherapy pool area. Seems like a quiet spot to me. I would assume that a cabin under a whirlpool would be okay, but I've never had one so I'm just guessing.

Cheers,
Michelle B.