Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Default Questions about fitting in on Century

I'm sailing on Celebrity's Century to the Western Caribbean Sept. 27th. This will be my first time on Celebrity, but my fourth cruise: Twice on RCCL's Sovereign and once on Explorer.

Loved evrything about my experiences with RCCL, always felt comfortable, my question is, will I be as comfortable on Century?

I'm 36 years old and recently divorced, a co-worker and I are taking this trip, and I'm more than a little concerned that I won't fit in.

Are khakis and polo shirts ok during the day? Are shorts? I have no problem dressing up for formal nights (no tux mind you, but a nice black suit with tie of course). Will there be many single women on board? Is there going to be a "stuffy" atmosphere?

I'm really looking forward to this trip, but obviously have some reservations.

Somebody help me out, give me some good news.

Tommy
Sovereign 6/2000
Explorer 9/2001
Sovereign 3/2002

Century 9/2003
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Questions about fitting in on Century

What are you thinking Celebrity is all about? I can't guarantee single women, on any ship that would be a cruise by cruise thing, but, you make Celebrity sound like a bunch of folks in suits and ties walking around a ship all day. Whatever worked for you on RCCL wil work on your next cruise.
Enjoy.
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Questions about fitting in on Century

Thanks PapaBill,

Just seeing the posts about "upscale lines" "dress for formal nights" etc, has me a little spooked. That combined with the fact that I've only found one other person on several message boards that will be on this same sailing.

I fully intend to enjoy the trip, regardless of how others on the boat behave. On a boat south of Miami is world's better than being at work!

74 days to go!!

Tommy
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Melania

Default Re: Re: Re: Questions about fitting in on Century

Hi Tommy,

I have been on the Century 3 times and planning on going again in October. I e mailed you with my response to your questions.
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Tommy,

Celebrity most certainly does not have a reputation for attracting an older crowd, like Holland America Lines, though it most assuredly is a bit more "upscale" than Royal Caribbean International. So-called "resort casual" attire should be fine during the day. You probably will find that most evenings are a dressier than on Royal Caribbean International -- "informal" is not a synonym for "casual" and clearly does require "coat and tie" (but not a business suit) for gentlemen -- but that's not necessarily bad. In fact, it means that the ladies will turn out looking that much nicer than they might otherwise --which is not a bad deal for those of us who are single!

There's a fair amount of information about Celebrity's expectations for shipboard dress on the company's web site -- and the expectations don't seem at all unreasonable. You might relax a bit more if you look through it.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old July 14th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Tommy: I can't imagine a 36 year old single man NOT having fun or fitting in on ANY cruise! You will be fine and you will have a ball!
Old July 19th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Ellis&Jeanne

Default Re: Re: Questions about fitting in on Century

You will probably have a better time if you just relax and enjoy. Khakis or shorts and polo shirts are acceptable on the ships.We have sailed with Celebrity 8 times, all different ships and they all are wonderful, and always more single women to men ratio!! ;^ ))))
Old July 29th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Josie

just back from Century - you will be fine. Ages ranges from 2 years to 75 years, dress code included I have to say - bathing suits with cover ups on formal night! I thought they should have been turned away, but they weren't. Informal - my husband wore a jacket and tine, majority did not. Formal night - more suits than tuxes. The ship is really quite nice, although I prefer the newer and larger ones. Enjoy.