Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Jim & Karon

Default Spending the day in Honolulu

After getting off of the Infinity in Honolulu, our plane doesn't leave until 10:30PM. We are thinking we would like to get a day room to be able to relax, swim and have dinner before going to the airport in the evening. Can anyone suggest a hotel in Honolulu that offers day rooms and would allow us to check in after we leave the ship?
We have been to Honolulu several times and have seen the sights.
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Spending the day in Honolulu

I would call the concierge at the Sheraton Moana Hotel and ask. I'm sure they can work out something but you will probably have to pay for a full day. It has one of the very best beach locations in Waikiki. It is an historic building and the oldest hotel in Waikiki. It is by my standards the most beautiful hotel on the beach. There is a magnificent banyon court which has a beach bar, pool and faces the ocean. You can take inexpensive catamaran rides and drink Maitais on these wonderful little sailboats. Or just boogy board in the surf.

The hotel is close to shopping, the park, Diamond Head, and great restaurants. My favorite restaurant is only a short taxi ride. Keo's Thai Cuisine is the best Thai food I have ever experienced anywhere. If you are near a book store, look up Keo's Thai cookbook. It will give you an idea of how beautiful and delicious the food is. The restaurant is good for stargazing too. We have eaten next to Carol Burnett, Dolly Parton, and Richard Chamberlain on various occasions.
Old July 27th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Passenger

The Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio offers dayrooms for 70.00/day. Check-in 9 am checkout 5 pm. I don't have any knowledge of this property but I have made arrangements for our September cruise there.
Old July 28th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Jim & Karon,
Have a great cruise from Hawaii, wish we could join you. Had a ball on the Summit to Hawaii.
Summiteers rule

Steve & Barb

Old July 28th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Jim & Karon

Default Re: Re: Spending the day in Honolulu

Thanks everyone for the helpful information and good wishes.
Old July 28th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Passenger

If you have time in Honolulu, I have to recommend a tour ... it's the Island Seaplane Service operated by Pat & Debbie Magie. We were in Honolulu May 2002; I read a review and recommendation of their island seaplane tour in National Geographic. The experience was incredible. Their website is www.islandseaplane.com. Enjoy the cruise and Honolulu!