Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Tom W.

Default Price adjustment

Just looking for some suggestions. Got off the Celebrity line website and found that the same class of room we have for a November Cruise is going for $1575.00. Needless to say we paid much more, when we made our reserations. How is the best way to seek an adjustment? Or am I out the extra cash? Any suggestions????
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Frank

Default Re: Price adjustment

I'd contact whoever you booked with and ask them about this. I'm running into a similar problem but I haven't commited to booking yet. The quotes given to me from 4 different agencies are all higher than what I see at the Celebrity web site. I've called Celebrity to verify that their quotes with air include everything except taxes. I have a message into a TA right now asking for an explanation.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 25th, 2003, 07:23 AM
English Voyager

Default Re: Re: Price adjustment

It is my understanding (from Celebrity themselves) that Celebrity operate a refund policy,and that application for a refund of the difference should be made to Celebrity (via any travel agent used for the original booking).
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Contact your TA today. That is one reason a good agent can give you that extra help.
Old August 25th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

YOU ARE STILL MORE THAN 72 DAYS AWAY FROM DEPARTURE...

Simply cancel your current booking and go with a good TA who will get you a better price.

By the way, if X is charging $1575 then a good TA will get that for you with at least another 10% off.

PRICE RULES!!!

ROSS
Old August 25th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Admiral

would'nt it have been nice if the TA had found the price difference and already taken care of it? <G>

Old August 25th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Tom W.

Sent an email to my TA. He called and told me his office had noticed the difference and I will receive a refund. Great news. He was really looking out for me. Hard to believe..
Old August 30th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

My cruise is over 90 days out had to cancel and have to pay my TA a 7o.-- dollars fee
Auguste ( I only booked last week)
Old August 31st, 2003, 08:27 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Price adjustment

On the cruise I'm taking in a few weeks, I used a TA in town who charges a $300/pp cancellation fee no matter when I'd cancel. That's in addition to any other fees the cruise company might levy. Needless to say, I won't be using that agency again.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 31st, 2003, 08:40 PM
Linda55

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Price adjustment

TA cancellation fees are one of several reasons that I've given up on TAs. Just booked another cruise...and this time booked direct with the cruiseline. If I have questions down the road, if the price drops later, etc., I'll deal directly with the cruiseline instead of a 3rd party. Celebrity will honor price reductions, ever after paying in full, so if the price of our next cruise later drops, we'll call Celeb for the lower price.
Old August 31st, 2003, 08:57 PM
BEAV

We're sailing Summit Sept 26. Our final payment was due July 18. Since then, there have two price adjustments (decreases) and Celebrity has issued refunds to our credit card in both cases.

Celebrity does not, however, go through the entire ship's manifest and voluntarily issue refunds to those who have had a price reduction in the category they're holding. That's why your TA didn't receive notification of the decrease. It pays to watch the pricing yourself and then call your TA if you notice a reduction in your category. And don't believe a TA that tells you there are no pricing adjustments after final payment. While it's true on some cruise lines, Celebrity still honors the reductions. My experience is living proof!
Old August 31st, 2003, 09:08 PM
Aubrey

Just a quick question on this subject...do you know if you booked directly thru celebrity instead of a TA, will Celebrity adjust the price if you call them?
Old September 1st, 2003, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Aubrey...absolutely. On just about every X cruise we have been on, the price went down before sailing. When it went down before we had made final payment, X adjusted payoff...after we paid off, X refunded to our CC.

Old September 1st, 2003, 05:04 PM
Nita

I can't beleive TAs are charging cancellation penalties. We did charge a $100 fee for research if you didn't book with us, but we rarely enforced the policy. There are those who ask an agent to research and research just to book on line or take the business someplace else. TAs are not paid as well as some think, nor is it a glamorous as some believe. We did not travel free though we did get some pretty fair deals. Of course most of the time we were working so hard we didn't have time to do much ourselves. I still think a TA charging a cancellation fee is awful especially if the cliant has a reason to cancel. What a difference a year makes.

Nita
Old September 1st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Tom... u notified the TA. <G>