Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Kemper

Default Celebrity Millenium

What is the current condition of "Millie" ? Are the cabins and public areas in pretty good shape? Anymore problems with propulsion system?
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2003, 08:10 PM
AR

Default Re: Celebrity Millenium

As of June the ship was in good shape, got across the Atlantic fine, still looks like new.

AR
Old September 11th, 2003, 08:37 AM
CruisingChick

I was on the Millie from August 2 -15 in the Mediterranean. She looked wonderful. The public areas were gleaming and the rooms were (at least our and our friends) in great shape. The crew was also oustanding. The service in the Metropolitan Restaurant was very, very good. It was so good we are booked to go on her in April 2004.
Old September 14th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

All of the Celebrity ships are kept up beautifully. We have never been disappointed, like some other cruise lines we won't mention!!

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Paige21

CruisingChick,
My family and I were on the ship the same time! It was a great ship, and by far, the crew was the best out of the three cruises we've been on! However, we had a balcony, and the door always made noises when we were sailing, the sounds resembled that of the ship's horn. We were awaken by the noise in the middle of the night, thinking it was a lifeboat drill or something, lol!
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:43 AM
CruisingChick

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium

Paige,

The crew was fantastic. Too bad not all the passengers were. I loved that cruise. I wish I could do it again. Maybe in a couple of years.

Did you have early or late seating dinner? We had late. Our waiter was wonderful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your balcony door and the noise. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before. Wasn't there anything they could do to fix it?

Take care.
Old September 18th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Paige that actually happened to us too, but the sound was not that loud and we tolerated it. Towards the end of the cruise, (our stupidity), we mentioned it to the steward. Maintenance came and put a solvent of the rubber seal on the balcony doors, which fixed the problem immediately. Who knew.
Bon Voyage