Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Default A Cappella Singers

When we were on Century in Feb, 2000, there was an a cappella singing group that entertained. 4 young men who did some barbershop and also some doo whop. They would stroll from place to place on the ship, and they also did an act in one of the lounges. Would anyone know if that type of entertainment is still something that Celebrity does? Specifically, how about on Summit?

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:31 PM
worfsmom

Default Re: A Cappella Singers

group is called "4 for you", and they are fast becoming a complete act. On Mercury last week.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:43 PM
MSMartin

We cruised on Summit to Alaska on 9/5. They were performing on that cruise and were great!
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:58 PM
sailorboy

Not sure this is the same group, but there was an A Capella foursome on Constellation, Dover to Barcelona, Aug. 30. They appeared in some lounges and had a spot on one of the theater shows, where they did have musical accompaniment (recorded) for a terrific Beachboys medley. I thought thye were great!
Old September 24th, 2003, 07:07 PM
hcat

There was similar group on Mercury awhile back--very entertaining. They were just starting out . Does anyone know if this type of group will be featured on all ships/itins. What about Summit in March?
Old September 24th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our first 3Celebrity Cruises had A Cappella groups onboard (different on each cruise).....GREAT entertainment. It was a nice touch that Celebrity was offering on all of their ships at the time. Then in July 2001, NOTHING...I was so disappointed. Hopefully they'll get back to hiring some more of these groups. They were a nice change.

Take Care!
Jaime
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Paige21

We were just on the Millennium in August, and they had the Neptunes, who were absolutely amazing. Sounds like Celebrity has this form of entertainment on a number of thier ships which is great!
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:29 PM
jeannieb

My husband and I were just on the Infinity to Alaska Sep t5. The group on the Infinity was called The Sea Notes, maybe the "C"Notes. They were terrific. I happen to like vocal music and they did a wide variety of music styles. Cudos to Celebrity for such enjoyable entertainment.

Jeannie B
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:46 PM
JohnTomm

4 for You was on the Mercury last, and they were OK, though I like mixed male and female voice groups better, like the roving singers at Christmas in Riverside. There is a certain stylized attitude in these a capella groups that doesn't suit me, and I have heard better singing.
Old October 12th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Lighthouse was on the Summit last April.