Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
paul emrich

Default Alcohol Policy

First Time Cruiser

Corkage fee for Mercury implies Ok to bring wine aboard for consumption in the dining rooms. Right?

Stated policy on personal alcohol (assumed to mean spirits) is prohibition. Right?

How closely is this alchohol ban monotored / enforced?
a) somewhat enforced
b) draconian
c) wink, wink

Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Alcohol Policy

C C, SIGNOR

ROSS
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Big Mike

We packed our wine and booze in a suitcase. (with our snorkel gear, bathing suits etc. Stuff that could get "wet" if something broke.) It was delivered to our stateroom intact. The room steward said nothing about it even though it was in plain view. He kept the ice bucket full and we were able to walk to dinner with a glass of wine. They will confiscate it if they find it in a carry-on bag as you board the ship and return it at the end of the cruise.
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Today

They specifically state that you can bring wine with you and that there will be a corkage fee if you take it to the dining room and drink it there. They will not confiscate it, in reasonable amounts. The official may be something like 2 per person. If you are talking about hard liquor like whiskey, then yes, I think that is not permitted to go onboard. Not like the old days when people travelled with "liquor cabinets". In fact, we were given a gift years ago of one of these, which we have never taken anywhere, since we aren't hard liquor fans. We do enjoy the occasional martini or other some such, but want it prepared by the bartender and are happy to pay for it.

I feel we have the right, just like in a hotel, to drink any wine we want in our own stateroom.
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:47 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Alcohol Policy

Does that apply to alchohol only, or if I tried to carry on a six pack of soda, would they confiscate that as well? Seems I've read that others have dne that, but times change....

Sid1962
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Policy

we've never had a problem with wine and tend to bring about a dozen bottles on with us - one for each day and then some. Also never had a problem with soda and bottled water. Sometimes they'll confiscate "hard" liquor, sometimes they won't. It is against the law in San Juan for anyone (including Celebrity officials) to take your alcohol, so you can pretty well get on board with whatever you want.
Old September 28th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Policy

I'm boarding my ship (Celebrity Constellation) in San Juan. Does this mean I don't have to worry about bringing stuff on board?

Old September 29th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Policy

You should have no problem. There's actually a huge duty free shop pier side. We're on the Constellation too - and have never had a problem with Celebrity in San Juan.