Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:08 AM
lysolqq

Default Constellation - Scandanavia/Russia

Were thinking of booking a 14-night Scandanavia/Russia cruise on the Constellation next May.

While the cruise is pretty port-intensive, we particularly like the fact that most of the ports are actually in the cities of interest, as opposed to lots of ports in Europe which are a 1 - 2 hour drive from the cities of interest.

Would appreciate any comments/suggestions from folks who've done this or a similar cruise.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Constellation - Scandanavia/Russia

We just did this itinerary at the end of Aug, beginning of Sept. We were on Radisson Seven Seas Voyager, but shared most of our ports of call with the Constellation. I also sailed the Constellation in May for her transatlantic from San Juan to England.

I can tell you that the "Connie" is a terrific ship, that I'd recommend highly.

And the Baltic itinerary is AMAZING. Though very intensive, one of the best we've done!!

I've written a couple of articles about our trip, which should start appearing on the CruiseMates home page sometime soon. One particular piece should be of interest to you as it's all about St Petersburg.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 30th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Frank

Default Re: Constellation - Scandanavia/Russia

We are doing the May 8, 2004 Constellation cruise of Eastern Europe with about 5 other couples. What I like is the fact that they stay in port for two days at St. Petersburg and Copenhagen so one doesn't have to rush around like they are on a Japanese jogging tour.

Princess has cut back a number of their previous 14 day trips to 12 days. I think this was a marketing ploy to sound less expensive. I prefer the longer cruises.
Frank-in-CA