Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 09:14 AM
BryanJay

Default Mini bar question

Is the mini bar on the Millie just like a small frig ? Can I take out the pre-stocked stuff, and put my own refilled bottled water in (at hotels if you take the stuff out, you pay for it). How big are they....and what are they stocked with ?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2003, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Mini bar question

Ask your cabin steward to unlock & remove the contents of the mini-bar so you may utilize it for your "personal" use. It is not very wide or the shelves tall, so a 2 litre bottle won't fit. A 1 ltr. or cans would fit. I forget what ship has stocked bars, but most of them do. As in a hotel, you would be charged dearly for anything that is removed. Some even try to charge you if you "move" anything. it is a nice convenience especially for us water drinkers. I often order a pitcher of OJ and Cranberry juice too for mixers from room service. Be aware.
Old October 21st, 2003, 10:46 AM
Familiar Face

I often order a pitcher of OJ and Cranberry juice too for mixers from room service.

Is that free?
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:31 PM
Linda55

Ask your cabin steward to unlock & remove the contents of the mini-bar so you may utilize it for your "personal" use.

We did just that (asked twice!), but our room steward refused. He told us we would just have to work around the alcohol. He moved the bottles over to the side a bit, but that really didn't help much.

We explained that we are drink wine only and that we wanted to use the fridge for other things from room service--cheese, fruit juices, etc.--but he still refused. It was our first cruise, so we figured we were asking him to do something he wasn't allowed to do.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Mini bar question

Linda:
I would have contacted his supervisor and ask for a different room steward since this one just lost his tip. It could have been a sign that he wasn't going to do much of anything out of the ordinary. We've never had a problem in getting the bar emptied by the steward.
Frank
Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:11 PM
Nita

Boy I hope we don't have him for a room steward, if we do his tip will reflect his attitude. I wouldn't have known the difference either if it weren't for this wonderful board.

Nita
Old October 24th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Linda55

Frank and Nita,
Thank you for your replies. Now I know for my next cruise.

You're also right about his attitude/approach to his job. I had heard that room stewards gave exceptional service, but I'd definitely rate his as average. I've truly had better maid service in standard hotels. On our 2nd port day, I returned to the ship for lunch, and the towels/washcloths in our bathroom had not yet been replaced. I had been on a very active excursion that morning and needed to shower before lunch...had to use damp towels. Ugh! Again, being new to things, I presumed I had returned to the ship too soon.

If anything like this happens on my next cruise, I'll definitely complain.

Thanks again for your helpful info!
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Mini bar question

No excuse to have damp towels. You could have called and had someone bring you fresh ones. Most of all, a complaint to the supervisor was in order.

Another thought is that maybe you caught someone working his last voyage who couldn't wait for it to be over and who didn't plan to be back?
Frank-in-CA