Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM
sharonann

Default 1st cruise on celebrity Horizon 12 night April 12, 2004

Greeting:

Just made reservations for the April 12, 2004 Horizon 12 night cruise Tampa to Norfolk. Looking for any information regarding ship. Previously on Carnival, Royal Carribbean, NCL. Sound like a smaller ship, more class, age 50 ish

thanks

sharon
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
Dr Bob

Default Re: 1st cruise on celebrity Horizon 12 night April 12, 2004

Sharon, by todays standards it is a small ship, but it is extremely comfortable and well maintained. You"ll find warm intimate places on board. The food is also a notch above the other lines you mentioned. Your wait staff will pamper you your entire voyage. Horizon also extremely easy to find your way around. I"ve sailed the big ships, but still look forward to cruising on the Horizon. It's been around since 1990 and I've sailed on it three times, the most recent was April 2003. It still looks brand new. Enjoy!
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Ms Lucy

Default Re: Re: 1st cruise on celebrity Horizon 12 night April 12,

I took my first Celebrity Cruise on the Horizon last Dec. for the new years cruise. The Cruise started and ended in Tampa. I've cruise many times before on many different lines encluding the Princess line. The Celebrity line is 2nd to none as far as I'm concerned. The Horizon was the smallest ship that I have ever sail on, but as far as service, decor, friendly staff, food and entertainment it is the biggest by far. I'm now looking forward to cruise on the rest of the Celebrity ships.

enjoy your cruise!!!!
Old October 24th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: 1st cruise on celebrity Horizon 12 night April 12, 2004

Hi Sharon,
I'm going out on the Horizon out of Norfolk on April 24th. I guess the same day you will be geeting to Norfolk! Have fun! This will be my 3rd cruise!!!
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: 1st cruise on celebrity Horizon 12 night April 12,

Hi. I am sailing the Horizon in 23 days. I have read many different reports about it. A few say it is run down, but most say it is very clean and well maintained. As I have cruised celebrity before, I know the food and service is very good. A little quieter than other lines, but very nice. Hope this helps. deb