Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Question: Suite 9199 Sky Deck

Just bought tickets for Nov 16 Millennium E Carib cruise. My husband and I are first-time cruisers flying from Alaska to Ft Lauderdale to celebrate his 50th BD. We're also honeymooners still after 7 years of marriage. So we're looking forward to time by ourselves and alot of quiet romantic time alone on our veranda. Now I'm getting somewhat nervous! Read hundreds of reviews from other travelers and it appears that the family suites in the aft of the ship (Sky Deck) can be somewhat noisy due to the pool on Deck 10. [We're in 9199] Read also that folks on Deck 10 can look down on the verandas on Sky Deck and could see our lily white backsides. Maybe I'm just focusing on glum & doom folks. PLEASE someone give me the real scoop on these suites. I thought I was buying a great surprise for my husband. I would be so embarrassed if it turns out to be a skunk in drag! Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Frank Black

Default Re: Question: Suite 9199 Sky Deck

I was in 8166 on the Millennium. A corner aft cabin. I have some photos of the aft balconies that may help you. I will try to send them to you since they don't want to post here.

Basically the balcony is covered for about 10' then open from above. You may get a little noise since the Terrace Cafe is right above you. It's outside and has hard wooden chairs and a hard floor. Also people tend to "hang" over the railing above you (see photo,) and talk and even throw junk to the sea gulls that follow the ship. Some lands on all the balconies below. We became friendly with a crippled bird that followed us for two days once waiting for crumbs.

But the good. Huge balcony, great views of the lighted wake at night. Stay where you are. I would take an aft cabin again in a minute.
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Frank Black

Peg:

I tried to send some photos to your e-mail and it bounces back. Do you have a better e-mail address so I can send some balcony photos?
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:59 AM
LAC

Go to Photo Galleries Search Ttpe in Ifinity corner cat 3 8166 Wonderful Photos of this type of cabin well be on millennium cabin 7199 11- 9-03 Have a great time on your cruise this will be our 15 th
Old October 27th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Question: Suite 9199 Sky Deck

Many thanks for your suggestion! Guess we'll have birds looking for handouts as company. That's okay! I did check out the photogallery - what a great place to check out stuff. Photos say so much more than words, don't they. Again, many thanks. We're most anxious to get our bodies on the ship and enjoy all that we've heard about. We see so many happy passengers each summer disembarking from the many cruise lines that visit Alaska. Just had to join that party! Ciao!