Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:57 AM
cdonn

Default Shipboard internet access?

I will be sailing on the Constellation in June and would like to keep in contact
with my office. Are the staterooms wired so that I might use the internet via laptop computer?
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2004, 10:10 AM
AR

Default Re: Shipboard internet access?

Yes they are. They charge a flat rate for the cruise. BYO laptop and you won't even know you're on vacation! Check with Celebrity for details, prices, etc.
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:55 PM
First Mate

Your cheapest method would be to find an internet cafe on shore but if this is for business purposes, I guess you can write off the expense.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Shipboard internet access?

Why ruin a perfectly good vacation by bringing along work? The purpose of going on vacation is to get a break from work. The last thing I want to do is be reminded of it. It will still be there when I get back.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:34 AM
JCL

We were on the Summit in March, and I went with the "room" hook up. It was $25.00 a day, plus any time over a short time limit was charged extra $$$$. SLOW hook ups to begin with, and not to practical.
If they would have done like last year, one flat fee per day. I think I paid $10.00 a day, period. Now agreed that was really low, but the way it is now really is not good. I would have paid the $25.00 a day, but for unlimited use. I returned the hook up package in two days.
We then checked out some of the internet cafe's on shore. Handy and reasonable in cost. I think on St. Kitts the charge was $2.00 US for 15 min.
Barbados was right in the terminal, and was done with a purchased card. Again reasonable.
In the future I will leave the lap top at home a use on shore internet cafe's. JCL
Old April 19th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

They also have the internet cafes on the ship. More expensive than on shore but why waste shore time to be on the internet?!
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:12 PM
cdonn

I thank you all for responding. Based on what JCL related I think I'll leave the laptop at home. I started this thread as I had emailed Celebrity 12 days ago and had not received a reply. This afternoon I receive the following answer from them.

"Please be advised there is connect at sea available onboard for lap top users. The rate is $25.00 per day."
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:40 PM
JCL

Default Re: Re: Shipboard internet access?

Wise choice. Not taking mine "anymore."
Oh, and why waste time on the internet on a cruise. For the very short time I'm on, it usually pays for a big chunk of the trip..............Business. JCL
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:54 PM
First Mate

We like cruises with a lot of sea days and those leave time to check for important messages. But, as I said before, at those rates, I'll probably not use it much, if at all.
Frank-in-CA