Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:10 PM
laceyjane

Default HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier to san juan airport

Hi,
It is just about time for my final cruise payment-I have booked my own air and am flying into San Juan Puerto Rico a day early and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde. I am trying to decide if I should buy the one way post-cruise transfer from pier back to airport. The cost on the Celebrity Galaxy is $13.00 per person for one way return transfer. Will it be cheaper for my husband and I to get a cab on our own to take us back to the airport or for $26.00 is it alot easier and cheaper to purchase transfer through the cruise line?? THANK YOU for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Liz R

Default Re: HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier to san juan airport

Get your own taxi. I don't remember the price, but I do not think it was more than $25 and it is so much easier than going with a group.
Old October 28th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Definetly take a taxi. There are a lot of taxis waiting on the pier and the cost with tip shouldn't be more than $25-30. Its a lot more convenient than waiting for the transfer buses to fill up.
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Passenger

i recall it being 18-20 dollars
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Norman

You are much better off taking your own taxi. The rates are within reason.

When I got off the ship in San Juan, there were several airline kiosks set up to check in your luggage at the botom of the gangway. This was last year, don't know if they still have it. m If, so, it makes it much easier than having to check in at the airport.
Old January 16th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Lacey jane

Default Re: Re: HELP cost of taxi for 2 from pier to san juan airpor

Hi,
Thanks for all the good advice. We leave on the Galaxy on Feb. 20, 2004. Can't wait.