Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to annied
Default CUSTOMER SERVICE - POST CRUISE

Has anyone had cause to complain after their cruise? We were onboard Horizon in February, and our stateroom was flooded. It took almost the full week to sort out, and we complained when we returned.

I have now written and emailed approximately 5 times, but they just seem to be ignoring me.

Anyone know the CEO's email address??

Thanks.

Annie
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2003, 11:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE - POST CRUISE

Annie, this seems to be the name of the game after cruising is completed. Read any board from any cruise line and you will find some who say they never got an answer: lousy customer service is all I can say. I do not know the name of the CEO so can't help there. I do know the nicer the letters are the more likely you are to receive a positive response, but even that does not always work. Keep us informed.

Nita
Old November 8th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Annie....Deb and I complained about the future cruise consultant after we got home from a sailing. We called Customer Svc and our immediate problem was handled and we were given an address to write to in Miami. It took a couple of weeks but we heard back. I did send the letter certified return receipt requested.

Old November 9th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

We agree with Rick. We also had a problem, and after writing to the Miami address we also got a reply and $$ for another cruise.

Jeanne

Old November 10th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Frank

Default Re: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE - POST CRUISE

I haven't written to Celebrity but I did to Princess. I was particularly disappointed with their boarding process that was supposed to give Platinum members priority boarding. They only put one person on the Platinum line and had the deck check-ins with 2 or 3 persons per deck. The result was a very long line for the Platinums and shorter ones for others. So, we went in a regular line instead of waiting.

It most likely helped that I had two more cruises already booked with Princess and I mentioned that I trusted they'd have this fixed for those next two cruises. I got a nice apologetic letter back and they gave me $150 cabin credit for each of those following cruises. And they did improve the embarkation on the next cruise.
Frank-in-CA
Old November 16th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

How are you contacting? I had an issue with some clients of mine and when I called Celebrity customer service, they immediately sent them a $300.00 credit for a future cruise.
Old November 17th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Passenger

I wrote a letter in March to their Head Office in Miami. I didn't get any response. I wrote another letter in May, which I faxed to them as well (I live in the UK). Still no reponse. I phoned them in June, their rep said they had replied and sent out some vouchers. Still nothing. I emailed them again in September. Nothing.
Old November 17th, 2003, 02:21 PM
hcat

How could they let a flooded cabin go un- fixed for your entire cruise? Was the ship fully booked? That would really upset me..
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Norman

Had a similar problem as yours but not as bad.

Contacted their main office in Miami but had little or no satisfaction. However, I live close by to Miami and made it my business to visit their office unannounced.

I told them I was not leaving without a satisfactory response. Celebrity finally gave me a 50% discount on the next cruise and a $250.00 on board credit.
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Passenger

Funny you should say that..........

Although I live in Scotland, we had the good fortune to be onboard Norwegian Dawn a few weeks ago. One of the stops was Miami, and when we looked out, we were docked opposite the Celebrity/RCCL offices. My husband joked that we should go over there and "sort them out".... However, our vacation was too precious to waste, so decided to go to South Beach instead.

I wonder if they would have been suprised to see us???
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Yeoman

I ended up having to contact the V.P. of "Crown & Anchor" to resolve a dispute with "RCI" last year. They went "overboard" (sorry) when they FINALLY resolvved the situation months later. I swear by monitoring the boards, all the lines make you jump through hoops to complain.
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:46 PM
KreinKrunker

Keep after them. Had a similiar problem with Princess a few years ago. Keep your letters short and to the point, and tell them what you expect from them. This aproach got us a one day per diem refund, 40% off the next cruise, and the cost of replacing personal items damaged by the water. It also took about four letters and a couple of months. If you have a TA it may also help to have them try to solve your problem, especially if they are a major player in the cruise industry. At least have them find out a person to contact in the company, so you don't have to start you letters with "To Who It May Concern."
Old November 21st, 2003, 02:50 PM
Passenger

I have always been disappointed with contacting their customer service/capt club/and getting replys. Sometimes never heard back but it was generally over small things changes of address etc. and I just let it go. However after being on the Infinity Cruise that was abandoned in Mexico last Jan I wrote to them about a month later giving them time to sort out their plan. . Heard nothing. I then wrote again and ........ finally .....received an answer and am quite satisfied with how things were resolved. Interestlng enough the reply I got to my second letter was.... a copy of a letter proporting to have been sent to me earlier and at a time that would have made for a timely response to my first letter. They just seem to be consistantly tardy or sloppy for some reason or other.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
Norman

Default Re: Re: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE - POST CRUISE

If all fails, you could write to the Conde Nast magazine ombudsman. As a subscriber, I have found them to be very helpful with solving such problems as yours.