Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
joe l

Default alot of questions.

ive never been on a cruise--what kinf of drinking water do they give you? is it from a bottle? what about in your room? Do u drink the water fromt he sink? And --i have trouble with soft beds because of back problems---what kind of beds are there? is it l9ike cots--or like a real bed? Also---how long are these larger ships? like the size of a foot bal field--or baseball field---400 feet--?
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: alot of questions.

Joe, can't answer the quetion about how long the ships are cause I just don't remember, but if you are at one end and most of the activities are at the other, you will certainly get your exercise. The beds are not too soft, but I am sure if you need even a harder one they can furnish something to make you comfortable. The water on all ships is very good and very drinkable. You can get bottled water at a premium price. In fact in the dining room they may ask you if you want bottled? You say yes, you pay for it. We usually bring a couple of bottles on with us and then just keep filling them as it's easier that way. Hope this helps some. We just returned from the Constellation a few days ago.

Nita
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the Horizon, which is one of Celebrity's "small" ships. It was 682 feet long. The Millenium, one of the larger ships, is 965 feet long. I found the beds to be quite comfortable...at least...I had no problems sleeping -and I prefer a "firm" mattress. It certainly didn't feel overly soft to me. In your room, they had a pitcher of water that was kept filled by the stateroom attendant. They also had a nice bottle of water sitting on the table, but be aware, you open it, you bought it...for about the same price as a cocktail. But the water in the restaurants and in the room pitcher was very drinkable, so there's no need to buy bottled water unless you really want it.

If this is your first cruise, be aware that just about anything a waiter brings to you in the form of a drink is going to cost something. It just doesn't seem like it because you give them your ID card (no cash changes hands). Even soft drinks come with a price. Iced tea, juice, coffee and water are all complimentary.

Getting around the ship is not a problem. We usually walked the stairs between floors, but there are several elevators to take you between floors. But walking around was always an experience and we had no problems getting anywhere on the ship by walking.

Since you've never been on a cruise, be prepared to be impressed! Even on the "small" Horizon, it was easy to forget you were on a ship and not in a fancy hotel. And they will treat you like royalty. Enjoy - it's an experience you'll want to do again soon...I know I do!
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:04 PM
PBP

Hi, Joe.
Most of the newer ships are over 900 feet long, or, if you can believe it, over three football fields long, and most are about 90-110 feet wide. Of course, the length of the ship usually includes some space at the bow that is not usable space for passengers, like for a helicopter pad on the outer deck, and for storage on the inner decks.

Ask away with your questions. We all love discussing cruises and ships.

PBP