Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Go Bears

Default Summitt - Concierge Class

We are getting ready to book Summitt in October. I have a couple of questions, I'm sure someone will be able to answer.

1. Are CC rooms all Cat 1A? Seems like these are aft cabins on Vista, Penthouse..etc. Sounds like most everyone speaks highly of the rooms. If I recall, on Celebrity's website, it did not appear they were offering CC until sometime in April for Summitt. Sounds like they have already had it.

2. Does anyone know what they will be doing while she is in dry dock? I can't imagine too much renovation, since she is only about 3 yrs old.

Just curious. We are contemplating booking CC. Sounds like they've done a nice job with extras, making it worth the extra $.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Tom W

Default Re: Summitt - Concierge Class

We were on SKY Deck room 9201. If I remember all the 1A rooms were CC. Excellent addition. Nice little touches. Made you feel a little extra special.
Not sure about the reason for Drydock. Summit hit a rock in the Alaska area last year and they may be doing some additional work on that. Also this type of ship has had notorious problems with the Azipods. May be into get them reworked. Just a guess.
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We have been booked for March 2004 on Summit, when we booked our stateroom was considered 1B, in the new book it is now 1A. Looking at my new 2004 Caribbean travel brochure, all CC class is on the Sky deck ,deck#9 . Hope this helps you. if not email me and I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Fllady

Old December 18th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Go Bears

Default Re: Re: Summitt - Concierge Class

Thanks for the info. We also just got the new brochure. We are now booked for 10/15/04 in 9070 CC.

If you think about it, please e-mail me with your comments on the cruise and the Concierge Class. Maybe, you could post a review as well.

Thanks again
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:20 PM
hcat

Would love to hear more about Summit--Booked for 3/5 to the Caribbean. Not in CC class, the deck just under it as I did not want the overhang. But it seems like the cabin will be large with a decent veranda. Can't wait.
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Re: Summitt - Concierge Class

Hcat, We loved Summit, was on last April for 10 day and that is why we are going back for the 11 day, March 15. We usually get a premium stateroom on deck#8, Panorama, just a little extra room, but it made a difference for us on a longer cruise. We are Celebrity lovers, and feel that Summit was just a bit better than the others. Hope you and yours enjoy it as much as we do.

Old December 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM
hcat

tHANKS FOR THE INFO--i AGREE THAT THE LARGER CABIN WILL BE WORTH IT FOR THE LONGER CRUISE. FOR FALL 04 ON cONSTELLATION WE HAD TO GO BACK TO THE RGULAR SIZE DUE TO PRICE CONSIDERATIONS BUT FEEL THAT TRIP TO Canada WILL BE IN COoLER WEATHER, PORT INTENSIVE SO LESS TIME IN CABIN(sorry for Cap locks--too lazy to re-type it all)