Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
Crimhole

Default Water and soda on Century

I will be crusing on the Century fairly soon (first cruise!), and have some questions on water and soda:

I've seen mention of having a pitcher of water delivered to your cabin once or twice a day. Why do people want that, if the water from the bathroom tap is plenty good? Also, do you pay an extra charge for the pitcher of water if you have one delivered?

We are thinking of getting the soda card on the ship. How easy is it to use the card if you want to have a soda or two while lounging in the sun on the deck? Also, do you get the sodas only in glasses, or do they ever give you cans? And, if you want a refill and you're in your room or sunning on the deck or whatever, how convenient/easy is it to get a refill?

If we decide to not get the soda card and just drink fruit punch or juice instead, how convenient/easy is it to get those beverages if in your room or lounging in the sun?

Sorry for the questions from a first-time cruiser...thanks for any advice you can give.
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2004, 05:24 PM
melania

Default Re: Water and soda on Century

I purchased the soda card for my last cruise two weeks ago. If you drink more than two soda's a day it is well worth it. Celebrity gives you a big insulated cup and you can use that anywhere on the ship if you want. It is very easy to get soda, at each bar or on the pool deck. They can either fill that cup up or they will give you a glass of soda. I also used my insulated cup to fill up with water and iced tea while I was sitting at the pool.

Water is delivered to your room and is free of charge. They have an ice bucket as well.

Celebrity has all coke products, not sure if this makes a difference.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

The water carafe in the room is a Celebrity touch. You don't need to refill it or the ice bucket for that matter- just call your steward if you should need more..
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:18 PM
Danne

Hi Crimhole,

Congratulations on taking your first cruise! We went on our first cruise in November, on the Century. We did not get soda cards, and we didn't miss not having soda for the week. We just got fruit punch or juice from the machine by the pizza/hamburger place. It's very easy to get to from a lounging chair on the deck above the pool.

At dinner we usually had a drink, along with water.

If you don't have to have soda you really won't miss it. We sure didn't.

Have a great time on the Century. We just loved it.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Passenger

The pitcher of water in your cabin is most likely tap water, but with ice. The water from your facet will be lukewarm. And as mentioned, pitcher is provided free of charge and will be refilled if requested.

I've never purchased the soda card, but I have definitely noticed on all 4 of my Celebrity cruises, the fruit punch / tea dispensers even out by the pool were shut down for a time during the day (coincidentally, the hottest parts of the days). I take a large insulated cup and fill it with ice water in the buffet area during breakfast so I can have water while out by the pool. You just can't count on getting something free to drink. Of course, during the buffet hours, the drink machines are operating.

Sounds like the soda card is a good idea if you're a big Coke drinker.
Have a great time!!!
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Crimhole

Thanks, everybody, for your comments. I think that my girlfriend and I will not get soda cards on the Century next month. We'll probably bring insulated mugs with us on the trip, as that seems to be something that has been suggested more than once in messages I've seen on this website.