Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default hotel in san juan B4 Galaxy 1/9

Any suggestion on where to stay near the port at a very reasonable-reasonable price(around $50US)? I am trying to minimize the expense between going from the airport, to the hotel, and then to the port. I would rather fly out on the ninth, but the airline schedule didn't work out that way. ANY tips on the southern carib. excursions are appreciated. Is it better just to rent a cab on every island? Fifth time cruising; two with carnival, and two with RCL. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: hotel in san juan B4 Galaxy 1/9

tc, this is the biggest problem with cruising out of San Juan. We have done it 3 times and think we will skip it from now on but the ports are great. If you are cruising after next week which obviously you are it will a trick to get anything that would be livable for less than $150 a night. I would simply try Travelocity or Price line and hope for the best. We have stayed at the Caribe Hilton, Embassy suites and Hampton Inns. As for excusions, if you are going to Barbados either Glory tours or Boyce are good bets; I think we liked Boyce a bit better. We actually set up our own agenda and they did the driving and narrations. Since we have done Barbados 3 times I have decided the best day would be to do; Harrison Caves, St James or one of the churches, Gun Hill, Orchard Gardens and end up at the Wildlife reserve. Any other questions you can email me and would be glad to give advise for better or worse.

Nita
Old December 17th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: hotel in san juan B4 Galaxy 1/9

i ended up reserving the Wyn osj($165+tax on travelocity.com) right next to the pier. You are right about numerous horror stories on even the high-end hotels. I didn't want to take a chance with priceline since there are too many iffy hotels there. Even though i might get a good price, i might have a 'night'mare. For the Barbados recommendations, they can all be done within one day? How about st.thomas, kitts, margarita island, and aruba?

Thomas