Old December 22nd, 2003, 06:12 AM
Luvkauai

Default Favorite Celebrity ship/cruise and why?

Hi!
We'll be taking our first cruise on Celebrity's Century on 1/10. I have a feeling that we're going to enjoy it!
Please tell this first time cruiser which was your favorite Celebrity ship and/or destinations and why.
Thanks!
Old December 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
hcat

Default Re: Favorite Celebrity ship/cruise and why?

Don't have much experience but Mercury was wonderful--laid out so well & not too mega...great T pool....
Old December 22nd, 2003, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Millennium, for some reason, is still my favorite Celebrity ship. Though we've sailed her sisters, Summit and Constellation (twice). Have also sailed the Century and Mercury, but I like the extra space the M class ships offer.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Favorite Celebrity ship/cruise and why?

the Meridian will always have my heart. traveled 3 times to Bermuda on her with my late partner. she was elegant, comfortable , beautiful, graceful, and above all, a ship that FELT like a ship, not some seagoing Hyatt. she is sorely missed by myself and many others.
albertiger

Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Frank

We liked the Constellation so much that we booked her again for this May, this time in the new concierge class. We usually sail Princess but would do the M class ships on Celebrity more if they had they had itineraries that we were interested in.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 22nd, 2003, 04:50 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We have sailed Century twice, and once for Zenith, Horizon, Mercury, Infinity, Summit, (#2 coming in March) Millennium. We love Celebrity, and also wish they had more 10/11 day cruises from the S. Florida ports and love the larger ships, especially for the longer cruises.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
melania

I have sailed on Celebrity ten times. My favorite ships are the Galaxy and Century. I have prefer these ships over the Millie class. I tend to like smaller ships. If you sail on the Millie class ships you will not be disappointed though, they are beautiful!
Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:07 PM
hcat

Any cruise that stops at Coco Cay is great--provided the weather cooperates!
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:54 PM
Yeoman

I just came off the Summit and loved it, fabulous ship.

I will be on the Constellation in October '04 and the Millenium in Jan '05. It would be interesting to see which ship is the nicest.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 11:33 PM
Dr Bob

Century is still the most elegant of all the Celebrity ships. Enjoy you upcoming cruise.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:29 AM
Marytutor

Default Electrical outlets on Constellation

Frank,

I know that you are on the 22 May-5 June on the Constellation and have been on the ship before. I have a question concerning the outlets. Does the 110-120 for shavers accomodate recharges for ditigal cameras and camrecorder batteries or will we need a converter/ transformer? We had trouble using these things in Europe because the plugs on the walls did not fit the items that we had.

What deck are you on, we are on 9? Could not get the new class when we booked in Nov.

I enjoy reading all your posts as they are very helpful.

Mary
Old December 23rd, 2003, 10:07 PM
Frank

Default Re: Electrical outlets on Constellation

Mary:
I'm on the 5/8/04 sailing, not the one you mentioned. And yes, the outlets on the ship are 110V and battery chargers work very nicely.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 30th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Benjamin Smith

Galaxy, followed by Mercury and Century.

Why? Unique decor, no other ship has Galaxy's decor (true of Mercury and Century as well). Decor wise I like the chic-casual nature of it, Savoy lounge nostalgic and rich feeling.. Love the mural in the Rendezvous and bright colored seating. Love the foyer with girl on the swing. Love the separate feeling Cova Cafe area. Love the humorous art. Love the aft foyer (Mercury also has aft foyer). Love the solarium pool area aft. Love the Stratosphere lounge with its huge windows and bi-level area and period feel. Love the T-pool area. Love the globe ceiling in the dining room and the confetti carpet going from Rendezvous to Dining Room. Love Michael's Club, love style of library (though it doesn't have enough books). Love harlequin theater. Ship doesn't try too hard to be sophisticated (like Constellation), it just is.

Deck spaces are mostly teak (dislike the nonskid stuff on upper decks). Aft area is for pax, not balconies. Front overhang deck space was wonderful in Alaska. Promenade wide and teak, wraps around the back of ship.

Galaxy is my idea of a large ship with a good amount of pax, good amount of grand vs. intimate spaces, don't need ships to be any bigger. Mercury is also fine but I like some of Galaxy's details better. Century is fine ship as well but lacks the aft pool of Galaxy and Mercury and aft foyer area, also large windows in front observation lounge.
Old December 30th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Benjamin Smith

Dr. Bob,

I agree. Century is the most elegant of Celebrity's ships.
Old December 30th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Millenium Jun 2002 and the Century April 2003. The Mill is a more beautiful ship. We especially enjoyed the Spa food served by the indoor pool. The specialty dining room is lovely and our balcony was wonderful. The Century seemed to have a more friendly crew. An officer told me that the crew likes to work on the ship so they request reassignment and are more family- like. The food was hotter as the kitchen is closer to the dining room. We loved them both. In 2001, we sailed on RCL Grandeur and the food, service and entertainment were far inferior.
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Yeoman

My favorite cruise was Celebrity Galaxy to the Baltic and Russia. 14 days with fabulous ports. We have cruised Galaxy, Zenith and all 4 M class ships and loved each and every one. We' re repeating on Galaxy and Connie this year.

Linda
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:33 PM
JOE REYNOLDS

Default Re: Re: Electrical outlets on Constellation

Frank,
Just wanted to make a comment on battery chargers. Most camera battery chargers now are duel votlage. You only need a plug adapter, not a voltage reducer. On one ship I saw a funny shaped plug and assumed it was 220. I used a voltage reducer which I didn't need. Well the plug was a 110 and it ruined my charger because it reduced the 110 to 55. DON'T DO THAT.
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Bob Mac

Love the Galaxy. We have been on the Horizon and Galaxy twice and are booked on Galaxy again in April 04.
Old January 9th, 2004, 08:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Doreen

All this talk about the Galaxy is making me crazy! Hubby & I are scheduled to celebrate our 25th on her in the Western Med (5/31). I've been on Carnival, Orient Lines and Holland America but after reading all the posts, I'm beginning to believe that this will be even better. Hope my expectations are not too high.
Old January 10th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Norma Hays

We took our first cruise on the Century about five years ago. It was absolutely wonderful. The ship is beautiful, food was fantastic, and the service superb. We met what have become lifelong friends at our dining table and are going on a "reunion cruise" on Century this coming June.

Believe me you will love her and you will love cruising. It is addictive!
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
David Starkey

Mercury first , followed by the Galaxy, We don't care ffor the Millie class of ships nearly as much.
We just always seem to have a better cruise( crew, service and food) on the Century class of ships in the Celebrity fleet.
Old January 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM
hcat

Having only been on Mercury it is our favorite but we are now booked on Summit & Constellation so we will have a point of comparison. I do not think anything bigger would be good for us as I would not like the huge atrriums & tri-level dining. Can't wait for Summit!
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:59 AM
lysolqn

We've sailed every Celebrity ship (multiple times) except for Millenium. We just love the Summit and Constellation best.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Passenger

I have two words:
Infinity
Hawaii

I think that's quite enough