Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:31 PM
anselmo2003

Default Alaska Inside Passage suggestion

For first time cruiser, I am looking into Celebrity , Royal Caribbean and Princess. Can someone give suggestion? Any feedback on NCL? Most of travel agents do not recommend, how about you?

Any difference to depart from Seattle vs Vancouver?
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2003, 07:10 AM
GaryC

Default Re: Alaska Inside Passage suggestion

Best way to cruise Alaska is a "one-way" between Vancouver and Seward. Best "touristy way" to really see Alaska is to drive one-way from Seward to Fairbanks and train back to Anchorage for flight home (or visa versa). Also, best to book a balcony on the side of the ship which faces shore, i.e depends on which way the ship is cruising, therefore southbound should be on port (left) side, northbound on starboard.
Old December 25th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Captain

We sailed the Norwegian Sky a couple of years ago, round trip Seattle. We loved it. Especially the Freestyle. We've also sailed on HAL and Celebrity. NCL was certainly the best value for the $ IMHO.

For your first cruise you'll love NCL. Maybe after you're an experienced many time cruiser you may opt for the "fancier" lines.

I'm sure it will depend on your personal likes and dislikes. NCL is certainly less formal in the long run.

We had no problems with service. No waits for dinner either. We don't care if we have the same wait person for every meal either.

I do suggest however that for the first time Alaskan cruise...Glacier Bay is a must.
Old December 25th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Beginner

Has anybody travel on Holland America? We will be traveling with a 3 years boy, that's why we didn't pick Vancouver to Seward route. Try to make things easier.

I spoke a few peopel, they dont' recommend NCL. We went to Alaska a few ago in car and had a great experience.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.