Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Default Traveling with child under age 3 Celebrity?

Hi. Traveling on the Constellation. Wondering about the service for toddlers under the age of 3. Understand that they cannot participate in the kids activities. My son is 2. Can they get in the pool? Would love to hear feedback. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Babette

Default Re: Traveling with child under age 3 Celebrity?

Children under the age of 3.. and children not potty trained are not allowed in any pool or hottub. This includes the kiddie pool.
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:26 PM
christine fischer

Default Re: Traveling with child under age 3 Celebrity?

I took my 22 month old on Celebrity in 2002 and she was allowed in the kiddie pool but not in the adult pool. Things may have changed since then. The ship (Infinity) had some outdoor play equipment near the play room that she was allowed to use. However, because she was not potty trained, she could not even go into the play room (even if I was with her!). I think that they would let us borrow toys but I did not take advantage of this option.

I know all of that sounds like a drag for a kid under 3 but my daughter had a great time. The ship's staff went all out for her whenever they could. They would come over to talk to her all the time and many would even remember her name for the remainder of the cruise. There was a children's menu in the dining room and lots of kid friendly options on the buffet. I loved the fact that buffet staff members would carry my tray for me while in line with my daughter, accompany us to a table and then bring us beverages and a highchair. (She's been on three Carnival cruises and no one so much as lifted a finger to help us in the buffet.) I took advantage of the in-cabin sitter service each night so that my husband and I could go to dinner and a show alone. You pay for the service and there is a three hour minimum. We had the same sitter every night. When we came back our daughter was asleep and the sitter would give us a run down on what they'd done that evening together. I haven't found anything comparable on any other cruise line. We liked it so much we're cruising with Celebrity again this year. Our daughter, now 3, can take advantage of the kid's program and our new baby will hang out with the sitter.