Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Tamara

Default San Juan Port Question

Gearing up for a March 6 cruise on Constellation and have two (for now) questions.

Which pier does Constellation leave from? We are considering Wyndham Old San Juan for our pre-cruise hotel and wondering if we'll be close enough to walk to the pier. Also, after the cruise we'll have about 4 hours to kill before we leave for the airport. What can we do with our luggage?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: San Juan Port Question

tamara,
i am glad you posted this question, we will be on the same cruise.. our first and are really excited about it... if i find out the answers before any other responses i will be sure to pass on the info
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:51 PM
kated

Default Re: Re: San Juan Port Question

We are on the same cruise and booked at the wyndham. Unfortunately I think that the pier we leave from is down the block and you still have to take a cab. However, I dont think that there are any hotels that are actually within walking distance to the pier so might as well go with the wyndham.
As far as luggage goes, I was wondering the same thing, as our flight doesnt leave till 6pm or so.
kate
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey,
we are on the same cruise and booked at the wyndham. The pier we leave from is down the street (I believe) and not within walking distance. However, I dont believe that there are any hotels near that pier so might as well stay at the wyndham.
As far as luggage goes we were wondering the same thing, as our flight isnt until 6pm.
Kate
Old January 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Celebrity ships sailing out of San Juan will leave from across the bay not in Old San Juan and not in walking distance for any hotels. You will need a $10 taxi ride to the port from most hotel areas. If you only have one night in OSJ, stay with the Wyndham Old San Juan unless you have been to San Juan before. Then the Wyndham Condado or Wyndham El San Juan would be nice right on the beach.
Bon voyage

Caribbean Princess
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Tamara

Hi Everyone (and fellow 3/6 cruise mates!)

I made a call to Wyndham OSJ last night thinking that maybe having been a guest pre cruise they would allow us to store our luggage for a few hours post cruise. This would be especially nice if we were sailing to and from the OSJ port. Anyway, no. They can't do it because of the liability of a non guests bags. There is a place in OSJ called Barranquina (sp?) Cafe that will store luggage for a fee. Their phone is 787-723-5852. The guy at Wyndham gave me this info and was very helpful. He added that the people at the cafe may not speak English.

I'm going to post a separate subject here about this and see what others have to say about the cafe.

Tamara
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Guests of the Wyndham Old San Juan will be able to store their luggage with the bellman until ready for departure. When we checked out that morning, the bellman held our luggage (there is a small room/alcove for storage) while we had our breakfast and did last minute shopping. We came back and picked up our luggage and went onto the ship. However, they only do this for their guests and not for non-guests.

JanGail