Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:21 PM
Crimhole

Default Laundry facilities

I am interested in knowing if anybody has done their laundry in the self-service laundry facilities on the Century, or any other Celebrity ship. (I think that the Century -- which I will be traveling on -- has such facilities.) How big are the machines, how much do they cost, how available are they, how many per floor, etc.

I have seen suggestions on these message boards from some people that it's a good idea to bring along some detergent (one load's worth per zip-lock bag). It would be nice to pack only a half-week's worth of things like underwear, socks, shorts, etc., as bringing enough clothes to last me the entire week (even if I use things like shorts more than once) could be a pain.

I'd appreciate any thoughts -- especially if you have used the Century's facilities before (or on another Celebrity ship).
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
kated

Default Re: Laundry facilities

When I was on Horizon, there were no self service laundry facilities. Im pretty sure that none of the ships have them. You can pay to have your laundry done, but it is expensive.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
kayakfam

We just returned from the Celebrity Summit's Christmas sailing (12/22/03 - 1/2/04) You have to send your laundry out, but I didn't think it was very expensive. We sent out 2 pairs of shorts, two or three shirts and several items of underwear (our daughter's) and the total came to $14.50 (and I STILL have creases in the shorts from the pressing. They made my husband's not-too-new shorts look FABULOUS). Go for it, especially on the longer sailings.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
Frank

Unlike Princess, Celebrity does not have self service laundries. I know people say that one should just enjoy their vacations and send the items out to the ship's laundry but since we take long cruises, I'd like to be able to do a a load or two during the trip. (I do the laundry in our family.) For long Celebrity cruises, I pack my oldest underwear that I was about to throw away anyway and just discard them.

I know the prices aren't bad and I usually have my tux cleaned on board but I am reluctant to send as much as I'd put in a load of laundry to the ship's cleaners. That could get to be more expensive than I'd like. And I don't like washing items out in the sink and hanging them in the shower as I've heard some people do.

But there is nothing one can do. If one sails Celebrity, they have to be aware that there are no self service laundry facilities. If it is that important, than one should book other lines. I deal with it if the itinerary and cruise price are attractive. However, if the food drops below Princess', which I've heard rumored, than that would push me over the edge. I'll find out in May when we sail the Constellation again.
Frank-in-CA