Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:10 PM
LJ

Default Typical passenger

I tried to find a more appropriate location to ask this question but could not. So, I am going to post on Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, RCL, Princess & Holland America. What would you say is the AVERAGE age group that cruises on this line. Please don't say all age groups - I am aware that each cruise has varying ages - I am looking for an over-all feel. Also, is Carnival the only cruise line that seems to cater more to single cruisers?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Typical passenger

I have read that the average Carnival cruiser is 22 - 28 and the average Celebrity cruiser is 35 - 45. I would think that Princess is a little higher than that, and RCL is in the middle.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old January 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Perhaps it would be better to tell us what you are looking for...Celebrity is not a big "party" cruise line. That doesn't mean that they won't have entertainment that appeals to younger folks, but it seems that Celebrity clientle is a bit older that some of the other cruise lines.
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM
David Starkey

As an avid long time Celebrity cruiser...I would tend to say the "average" age of Celebrity passengers is 45-55 rather than 35-45 age bracket. And some cruises even more senior.
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:30 PM
lysolqn

There's no simple answer to your question. A lot depends on when, where and for how long you cruise.
If you cruise Celebrity during the summer, spring break, Xmas/New Years or Presidents' Week, for instance, you will find lots of families and a somewhat younger demographic onboard.
Cruise during times of the year when kids are in school, and the average age of fellow passengers will be somewhat older.
Longer cruises, Alaska cruises (to an extent), European cruises, transatlantic cruises and other repositioning cruises tend to attract an even older crowd.
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Admiral

I totally agree with Lysolqn. Our European cruise we sat with folks celebrating a 40'th birthday with the oldest being 56. Plus there were many folks with walkers & canes. A mid-30's couple had their toddler in a stroller on deck and on land. Timing is the all important key. Now IMHO a good overall cruise line for singles and families year round is Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We have sailed different ships on each line at different times of year. We have loved every cruise but found these two lines offer programs that will provide a great cruise for the younger and young at heart passengers. I had a small group on a February school vacation week on Princess with several single guys who were mid-30's. They were bored. The only single ladies where their mother's age!
Bon voyage

Caribbean Princess
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:29 PM
LJ

Thanks for the replies. I have primarily cruised on Celebrity but enjoy a longer cruise of 10 -11 days. I have found the group primarily 65+ and was looking for a possible alternative. Since I love Celebrity, maybe the solution is 2 back-to-back 7 day cruises. What do you think?
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:47 PM
SueClark

On any of the premium lines (Celebrity, HAL, Princess) you will find ages from 30 - 80. On 7 day and school holiday cruises there will be younger people and families with children. On longer cruises 11+ days, you'll find the age jumps to the 50+ crowd - they have the time and $$ to cruise for longer periods of time.