Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Buffalo & Ft Lauderdale Hotels - Pre Century

Hello there,

We are booked on the Century on the 21st and will be coming in the night before. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation. I have read a few posts about price line.......what is it and how does it work.

We are Canadians flying out of Buffalo.......any recommendations there?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Buffalo & Ft Lauderdale Hotels - Pre Century

We're sailing on the Radiance in a week :>) We're flying out of Buffalo, too. Coming from Pennsylvania, I looked into parking prices at the airport and at several nearby parking lots. I found it much cheaper to get a park and fly package. We booked at Sheraton Four Points Airport and get a night's lodging and up to two weeks parking at the hotel with a complimentary shutle to the airport when we fly out and another trip on the shuttle when we fly back in. It is only $85 (American) There are other park and fly packages out there, I'm sure. We went through a website called parksleepfly.com. I'm not sure you would need to go through them, maybe just contact the hotel. I heard about another park and fly package at Ramada Ltd. and also one from Microtel. You could also check these out if you're interested. I booked a hotel online (Wellesley Inn in Ft Lauderdale) months ago , but prices and availability change constantly...guess you'll just have to search unless someone else recommends something. It's spring break and it's tough to book anything that the "kids" can afford. Those rooms are the first to go. Good luck and have a wonderful time. This will be our second cruise, did Enchantment last Feb. and are completely hooked on the world of cruising. I have already booked an 11 day next Jan!!
Old February 19th, 2004, 03:18 PM
CCLady

Default Re: Buffalo & Ft Lauderdale Hotels - Pre Century

Check out Kuki's article on the CruiseMates home page. It's titled "Kuki Gets Religion" or something similar. It is all about how to bid for a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale on Priceline.

www.priceline.com is a web site that lets you name your price for a hotel room or airline tickets. Kuki mentions another web site that gives you tips on how to use it. Basicly you enter the city, area of the city and the dates of your intended stay, the number of stars for hotel quality, number of guests and the price you are willing to pay. They accept or decline your price. The catch is, you don't know until they accept your offer exactly which hotel it will be, and they charge your credit card immediately.

For Ft. Lauderdale, it's really pretty easy. You will want to bid for a hotel in the Downtown Ft. Lauderdale area, not the beach or the airport. Start out at three stars and above for $70. That may get you Embassy Suites or the Marriot. Two and a half stars will get you Amerisuites. If your offer is declined, you wait 72 hours and bid again for $5 higher. It can take some time, so do it early.

We stayed at the Rennasiance, a 4 star hotel, for $100 last week by bidding on Priceline. It was a 1st class hotel at an incredible price. We walked across the parking lot to the Bimini Boat House restaurant for a very nice meal. Caught a taxi to the port the next morning at about 11:30 and we were on board by Noon.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!