Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Default first cruise in a long time

We will be leaving April 3,2004 for the Southern Caribbean, and like the others, have many questions....can you bring liquor aboard....in your suitcase, back pack whatever, we have a balcony with our cabin, and just thought it would be nice to relax and have drinks out there, as we know the cost of liquor is pretty high on the ship.
And if you go to the T pool, can you only go there if your having spa treatments? Also what about eating at the restaurant at the spa, is that only for people that are having spa treatments? Is this a speciality restaurant , or is it already included in the cost of your cruise, like the main dining room.
We're anxious to leave, and all these cruise review websites are wonderful, giving so many insights into what to expect.
many thanks~ Linda M
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: first cruise in a long time

From what I understand (we are going 2 weeks before you), Celebrity tends to allow you to bring on liquor.
The t pool is free and open to all adults on the M class ships. On the C ships there is a daily fee. Anyone can eat at the spa restaurant and its not an extra charge- yet anyway !
I have also heard that people take the food from this area and eat it elsewhere.
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Admiral

I just got off Celebrity's Galaxy, we did not bring liquor aboard initially but while in some of the islands we would purchase a bottle to carry around and drink and I put it in my backpack to go thru xray and they did not take it however any alcohol that was purchased and boxed up was taken until our last night.

Wish I knew about the restaurant in the spa. In the C class ships the T pool cost $15 pp per day. I think it was $50 pp per week. Did not use it to tell you if it was worth the cost. Really in doing the southern route we did not have the time to do much ship activities. Happy sailing to you. We really enjoyed this iten and the ship was the best by far.
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:19 AM
hcat

The T pool would be worth it if just for a day if you have to pay (Mercury, Gl-alaxy) You also can use it for free just before any booked spa treatments
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM
First Mate

Bringing liquior on is a touchy thing, but it can be done if you are desreet (spelling) Our grandaughter being a very excited 21 year old decided to purchase 4 bottles of rum (not all for her mind you) at the duty free shop before boarding the ship. I think not the nice man said. Actually he really wasn't very nice about it at all. Needless to say we got busted as well as we were just behind her in line. Later hubby, who arrived after us purchased a bottle of scotch at the duty free shop and had no trouble getting it on. Nobody even asked him and although his carry on went through X Ray the checkers didn't care. We were able to bring on wine for dinner. Later, before sailing our grandaughter returned to the duty free shop, brought 1 bottle of rum, put it in her back pack. No one said a word. Guess it's all in how you handle it. Changing the subject to the T Pools. They are wonderful!!!! NMNita