Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:51 AM
beth94

Default How do you know your table size?

When I have cruised in the past , I was always asked what table size I wanted. This is our first Celebrity cruise and they did not ask us that. Is that typical with Celebrity? Last cruise we were at a table with only one other couple and I would prefer more people this time.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:00 AM
George in NY

Default Re: How do you know your table size?

Beth,

Despite many lines asking your preference it has been my experience that doing so had little bearing on what table size you were assigned. Basically the information on passengers is transmitted to the ship and the person in charge of the dining assignments who then fits it all to thier dining room scheme the best they can. The only way to insure that you get something you prefer is to make your way to the area, usually the show lounge, where the Head honcho's are available handling dining changes. Your personal request placed in person is much more likely to be achieved and you can also see before first dining what size table you have. You can also be assigned a large table and only have two other people, depends on factors such are how booked ship is and so forth.

George in NY
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:25 PM
hcat

How do you find out where to do this? We usually check out the tables as soon as we board by going into the dining rm. Mostly they have been fine but on last cruise we were in the way back next to the kitchen but got served late...
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM
CM

I told my travel agent what seating and what kind of table I preferred and have never been disappointed. You might try that.