Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 04:48 AM
minpa

Default Galaxy -- Morning Coffee ??

Thanks to all who contribute to this message board. It has been a wealth of information for us first time cruisers!

I am an early morning coffee drinker and I can tell you right now I will miss this part of my morning, vacation or not. I have taken my coffee maker along on occasions if there was to be no coffee where I was going, however, this does not seem to be an option for our cruise (4/16/04 Galaxy).

Are there any areas of the Galaxy that have coffee other than meal times? Early morning (6 or 7am)? Am I better off ordering from room service for the morning breakfast in our cabin the niight before? Can one order extra coffee? Should I ask to substiture my wifes breakfast for more coffee - joke!

Thanks in advance,
Mike in PA
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 04:54 AM
J H

Default Re: Galaxy -- Morning Coffee ??

Not trure, I brought my coffee maker when we cruised in december.

You will wish you did, the coffee is awful!

Joe
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Admiral

I got off the Galaxy several weeks ago. Coffee is not that good. There is a place called Tastings where you can get some good coffees at a charge. I think they are open from 7am to 1am if I recall. We were frequent customers. The same fellow was always there. I don't see any reason why you could not bring your own coffee maker. We wish we would have. We did the southern carib iten and really in the morn we were so busy grabbing a quick bite and getting on the islands so we would get local coffee and then have the Tastings coffee after dinner. Happy sailing, this is a beautiful ship!
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Many folks do have a problem with cruise ship coffee quality, but your question runs more towards availability. Availability is 24/7 and you can have as much as you would like. If you order from room service and you don't get enough, order more. The next day order 2 or 3 or 5. No one is going to limit you on quantity. There should be a self serve area somewhere in the Lido buffet area where coffee is always available 24/7. it is certainly available always, whereever and whenever food is being served.
Again, thats available, not necessarily great , coffee. When making coffee for thousands, and trying to keep it available 24/7 you will find the quality not to be that of your local coffee shop or homebrewed . Many ships do not brew the coffee at all, but use a liquid concentrate that gives them gallons, instantly such as would be required at the end of dinner service.
Bon Voyage, the caffine will be waiting for you whenever yo need it.
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Jim Swedlund

Haven't been on the Galaxy to try their coffee, but on the other Celebrity cruises, it was all I could drink, and I drink it almost continally! I carry a big mug around and refill as needed. I also request an extra pitcher in the room and fill that up with coffee. As far as taste, I thought the coffee on the Constellation and Century was good enough, but I'm not that critical as long as I can get it whenever I want! Personally, I wouldn't bother with bringing a coffemaker, but again I am not too picky about how the coffee quality. I hear that excellent coffee is available in "Tastings" but have never tried it. Have a great cruise!

Jim Swedlund

Galaxy 2-27-04
Constellation 04/03
Century 04/02