Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Beginner

Default Zenith March 14, 2004

Is anyone cruising on this date on this ship. Looking forward to meeting new people. This is our first cruise with celebrity.

Cimbamom
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Jay A. Peterson

Default Re: Zenith March 14, 2004

We will be on this cruise, but it is our first for Celebrity also, so we can't tell you much about it except what we have picked up here on the forum.
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Zenith March 14, 2004

Well I hope we aren't the only ones on the ship. I can't wait to go. This will be my fifth cruise and I want to see how celebrity compares to the other ones. Are you going on any good excursions while on board?

Linda

Post Edited (02-19-04 19:41)
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Jay A. Peterson

My travel agent tells me the cruise is sold out so we shouldn't be alone.

My wife and I usually sign up for an excursion or two while on the ship. We have never had a problem getting a booking. However, I am pretty sure that if a particular excursion was full there would be six or seven people standing on the dock offering the same thing for a few dollars less. You just don't have the ship's guarantee when you do that. We also like to take off on our own and shop, see the sights and mingle with the locals. That usually depends upon the individual island. Sometimes that can be a little dangerous.

I plan on diving on a couple of the islands. I have looked into the local dive facilities and there are some well respected outfits available. I rarely book that through the ship.

19 days to go and excitement growing my the minute.
Old February 26th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Yeoman

I too am very excited that the cruise is fast approaching. I am sure that your diving experience will be wonderful. Wish I knew how but we will snorkle at trunk bay if the weather permits. Horseback riding in San Juan too. The days are winding down. See you on the ship.

Linda
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Linda & Jay,

I'm new to this board, so please be patient with me. However, I am not new to the Cruise Critic boards. We have a thread running for the March 14th Zenith cruise. In fact, Cruise Critic and Celebrity co sponsors a meet and greet if 25 people register. We currently have 38 signed up, so we are confirmed. We have a running spreadsheet with everyone's dinner seating (Most are late) cabin numbers (most on deck 6) tours everyone selected, by Island (Most are using Godfrey in St Thomas, walking around independently in San Juan, etc)

This is our 10th cruise, 5th on Celebrity. As you can see, we are fans. Although we have not been on the Zenith, but can answer general Celebrity questions.

Hope to hear from you both on this board, or Cruise Critic. I'm off to explore cruisemates and see what it's all about.

Carole
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Will try to answer any Zenith question about the ship. Ours last month did the Western but the ship is the same. We surely did have a nice time. The service on the ship was EXCELLENT and the food in the dining room (at dinner) was always cooked exactly as requested.
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:04 PM
Jay A. Peterson

How many formal nights on the 14 day cruise? Also, are there any "theme" nights? Royal Caribbean usually has a 50's night and an Island casual. Anything like either of those on the Zenith?
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I believe it is 3 formal, 4 informal and 7 casual.

They typically have a Mexican type late night buffet on deck; food stations and line dancing. Out last cruise had a sock hop theme night as well. I'm curious to see what feedback you get.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Beginner

Hi Carole,

Thank you for the information about cruise critic. I signed up for the meet and greet onboard. We have late seating for dinner as well. This is our first celebrity cruise and first cruise this long. We already signed up for several excursions online and am really looking forward to the trip. Our room was upgraded to a suite (first time for us) and I am sure it will be an experience we won't forget. I am looking forward to meeting new people as there are some great ones out there. I still keep in touch with a family we met on carnival triumph in 2000.
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Re: Re: Re: Zenith March 14, 2004

Hi Cimba,

Are you going to join us on the 14th at the Fleet Bar? I set up an AOL address just for us to share information that we did not necessarily want on the boards. It is CCCaroleSP. You may have seen mention of our spreadsheets; 1 has our names, cabin numbers, seating selection and RSVP to the Fleet. The other sheet shows which trips we are taking in port. If you wish to have a copy, just email me at the AOL address specified.

We seem to have a nice mix in our group and we are glad to have you join us. Hope you get to know us from the boards and please say hello next time you check our thread.

What is your name?

Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your bump to a suite.

Off to work; have to pay for these cruises, somehow!

Carole
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Jay,

Cimba has signed up for the CruiseCritic/Celebrity meet and greet; why not come on by, too?