Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
LMG

Default extra charges

I am planning to cruise on the Summit Thanksgiving 2004. I have never cruise on Celebrity before and am wondering if most of the extra expenses will be similar to Princess.

On Princess both the indoor and outdoor pool were free and open to everyone. I have heard that the spa pool on the Summit may have additional charges and be limited to those over the age 18. Is this true?

Bathrobes? Fruit Basket?

Do they charge for any of the alternate items... pizza, ice cream (other than the Normandie)

Also any suggestions for this ship would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: extra charges

On Summit the "spa" pool is free and generally they would like to keep kids out of it, but I have seen kids in it.
You will find Celebrity to be very similar to Princess in costs.
Fruit baskets and the like are delivered to Suites and Concierge class rooms. But, if you want fruit for your room just do one of two things, either go up to Lido deck buffet and take a whole bunch back to your room, no one will stop you. or call room service and ask them to deliver some to your room.
I believe Celebrity still has robes in every room. You may have to ask the steward to put them there.
Pizza is no charge, icecream is no charge . I forget if pizza is 24 hours, I want to say not. Ice cream is not 24 hours . Actually it is only a few hours each afternoon.
Biggest difference you will find is in buffet food. Princess is 24 hours. Celebrity buffets are open long hours for breakfast and then close. Then open for about 3 hours for lunch and then close. Then open for about 90 minutes for afternoon "tea" (lite food service and deserts). They run an "alternative" dinner menu , all casual, no charge, but usually by reservation. After that the Lido area is usually open only for cooffee, tea and cold drinks. Princess of course has 24 hour food in its Horizon Courts. Food is always available 24 hours a day from roo service on Celebrity.
Do try the Normandy restaurant at least once. It's equivilant would be a $500 meal in Manhattan.
Look for my comments on Summit in early October , we are spending 14 days on her
from September 17. (This will be my second Summit cruise,5th Celebrity).