Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2004, 10:23 AM
GaryC

Default Corkage Fee - Bottle size?

We paid $12.00 corkage fee for the standard 750 ml. wine bottle. If the bottle size was 1.5L, would the corkage fee be $24.00?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:04 PM
AR

Default Re: Corkage Fee - Bottle size?

Not sure about that. But maybe if you brought a gallon in a cardboard box you could argue that there should be no corkage fee because there's no cork.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Gary, strange you should ask. While on the Millie recently Deb had a 1.5 L bottle for dinner...the wine steward (can't spell somilier ) mentioned that normally he would charge more corkage fee for the 1.5 L than the 750 ml ....only time we have heard of that.
Did'nt become an issue but if he had tried charging more..I would have complained.

Old March 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Frequent Cruiser

When we joined a wine club, we were given a 1.5 liter bottle of wine. We want to take it with us on our next cruise, and we would be very unhappy to be charged a double corkage fee.

I doubt that if we brought a half-bottle to the table that we would be charged half the normal corkage fee.
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:14 PM
First Mate

If they charged double to cork a 1.5 liter bottle it would be the last time we cruised that line, no matter what line is was!

NMNIta
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Micki

We paid $10.00 corkage on Murcury.. regardless...
Old March 5th, 2004, 01:00 PM
GaryC

Default Re: Re: Corkage Fee - Bottle size?

Thanks for different views and comments. How 'bout a 5 liter box? OK, just kidding! I could understand why they would charge more for a larger bottle ... here's why... A 750 ml bottle lasted two nights with one glass each night for my wife and mother-in-law. After uncorking, he poured the wine, kept it chilled, and then repeated the process the next night. Since the corkage fee really represented his tip (note: 15% was not added on), a 1.5L bottle would have him doing twice the work for the same $12. Also, if I was "sharing my big bottle" with my tablemates, again the wine stewart would be doing twice the work . Anyway, it was just a "curiousity question".
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Liz R

I don't think they charge double. At least they didn't for our friends on the 2/2 Summit.