Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:11 PM
marchhare

Default Requesting CENTURY input -- and HAL comparisons

Dear Cruisers-

We're slated for a late October criuise on the CENTURY. This will be our first Celebrity cruise, after being loyal HAL fans. Any recent (or not-so-recent) cruisers care to share their impressions of this ship?

Better still: If you've sailed HAL, would you care to compare the two lines, and share your likes and dislikes on both?

Many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2004, 04:40 PM
nypisces

Default Re: Requesting CENTURY input -- and HAL comparisons

Anything particular you want to know? After 13 HAL cruises, sailed the Summit in January - absolutely loved the ship! Thought the service was much better on Summit, dining room food comparable, disembarkation/embarkation better with Celebrity (although I understand HAL has changed things since our last cruise with them in January '03), things like that.
Loved the Spa Cafe offerings and sushi on Celebrity. Am sure you'll be pleased with the Century, too.
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've cruised HAL 3 times, and Celebrity 7 or 8 times. Cruised the Century on her second ever cruise in 95. I think she still has the most stunning dining room on the seas, and I've cruised many ships since then.

I love the HAL Filipino and Indonesian staff, and how they remember your name, and really do treat you well, but overall I'd say I prefer the Celebrity experience.

btw.. we have a CruiseMates Group cruise scheduled for Oct 16/04 on the Century. Final details should be ready to announce very shortly!

Post Edited (03-04-04 16:38)
Old March 4th, 2004, 06:18 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: Requesting CENTURY input -- and HAL comparisons

Kuki, now you set up a cruise. I've just booked that same cruise! At least I picked the right one. I'm anxious to see what kind of rates you'll have. Or....maybe not! Looking forward to all the details. Can I still be part of your group if I'm already booked?

Bob

Century 10/16/04

Conquest 10/03
Holiday 10/02
Fascination 02/02
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey Bob..

Just keep an eye out when all the details are made public. If our rates happen to be better than what you got, you can at least ask your TA to match the price.

Certainly no matter where you book it, you can be included in the CruiseMates fun activities... but possibly not in any extra amenities the "actual" group might receive as part of the group package.