Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:52 PM
LMG

Default Aqua Spa ?????

I have never cruised on a Celebrity Ship before, but I have just booked the Summit for Thanksgiving 2004. It's a long wait but I have some questions about the aqua spa.

1. Are the Prices for spa packages the same on board or the same as listed in the Celebrity brochure? I'm wondering If I can just wait until I am on the ship to buy a package.

2. I have heard that the Aqua Spa offers a pass for sale to use the facilities. What exactly is inculded in this pass? I have heard that this pass runs $100 - 115, would this be true for an 11 night cruise?

Any other input about the spa would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 08:49 AM
del

Default Re: Aqua Spa ?????

For Millinium class ships, you can buy a pass that allows you access to the Persian Garden, an area that is generally quite and full of different types of steam rooms. I loved this area and found it to be a wonderful way to relax. I found it to be very quite and being a Captain Club member, I got a free alpha capsule with this. I believe I paid that price for a week. You can purchase a pass for a day, half-hour and if you have a spa treatment, I believe you can use the facility. On the first day, take a tour and they should tell you about it.
The spa packages in the brochure have to be purchase in advance. They have a lot more services and have specials every day. Generally the specials are mini-facial, shoulder massages, eye and neck treatments, manicures, etc. Also, on the tour of the facility the first day, they explain some of their specialities and they give you coupons on these. If you book that day.
Old March 11th, 2004, 06:40 PM
LoveAlaska

I agree with del about the Persian Gardens--absolutely ahhhhh! Quiet and very relaxing. When we went to Alaska, we purchased a a half-hour pass just to try it out. I'm asthmatic and tend to be very sensitive to fragrances, so I wasn't at all sure how I'd do in scented steam rooms. I had absolutely no trouble at all. On my next millenium ship cruise, I'll get a pass for the entire week. BTW--They didn't hold us to 30 minutes at all. I think we were in there closer to 90 minutes. They never came around to check on time. We just left when we did because we were meeting friends for dinner.
Old March 15th, 2004, 11:39 AM
LMG

Thank you .. I think it sounds fantastic!! I couldn't tell by your response, do you think I would be better off waiting until I am on the cruise to purchase spa treatments? I'm guessing that the brochure packages are not huge savings because of specials when on board?? This is such a good delima to have.
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:33 AM
donna15

Default Re: Re: Aqua Spa ?????

I would wait unitl you get on board to book a treatment. We received a $10 dollar off coupon when boarding (not sure if they do that every week) so, we used that. On port days they did have special prices. My husband had a massage and received a call later in the week on a port day to see if he wanted another treatment for 50% off.
Just be careful - they do try to sell their spa products. They are professional about the sales pitch, and we had no problem saying no. Enjoy your trip!
Old March 20th, 2004, 12:56 PM
hcat

I would wait--too many specials once you board. We took the 3 day persian Gardens pass on Summit-- It was $45 pp for three days use--we only used two of the days & would have done better at the 20 pp per day rate had we known. It is coed & we enjoyed it very much--It offfers a steam room with a vapor type fragrance, a VERY hot & poorly lit Turkish Bath & a beautiful fragrant mid range type room with changing colored lights & soft music. There are two types of showers & warm seats for relaxing- A very nice experience. But there are also FREE saunas with wide sea view windows in the men's & ladies bathrooms in the spa...a big secret Shhhh! Our massages were excellent & we did get the free coupon from cap Club for the alpha capsule--a vibrating egg bed with aroma & music--it was Ok for Free! also enjoyed my manicure & pedicure & salon service--we really splurged this time around!
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:07 AM
LMG

Thank you for all the information. I will definately wait until we are on board to book any spa treatments. I can hardly wait, but have several months to wait ....November.