Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thalassotherapy pool Fee

On the Constellation, can anyone tell me what the charge is for using the Thalassotherapy pool? By this I mean just the Thalassotherapy pool, exclusive of other spa services. Is there a per-cruise package for just the Thalassotherapy pool?

I ask this because before I sailed on Renaissanceís R2 a message board member advised to immediately go to the spa upon boarding and book the per-cruise package for just the Thalassotherapy pool. I did this and I was glad that I did, as the fee was $50 at that time. Later, they dramatically raised the fee to limit the number of users with a discouragingly high fee. We enjoyed the Thalassotherapy daily, seldom with more than one other couple and often just the two of us. The R2ís Thalassotherapy pool was particularly enjoyable because it was in the open air on the bow of the ship. I realize that the Constellationís Thalassotherapy pool is indoors but Iíll bet that it is still enjoyable.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Thalassotherapy pool Fee

Hi Celem,
I belive there is no charge for the pool, at least when we were on Infinity it was free and quite enjoyable, have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 16th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Usage of the T-pool on Constellation is still complimentary. It is one of the best things on board these Millennium class ships. Also, don't miss the Aqua Spa Cafe for breakfast or lunch for unusual and healthy meals.
Bon Voyage
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Donna K

We just returned from the Constellation and there is no charge to use it. It always had people in it, so check it out often.
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:28 PM
First Mate

There is no fee for the Thalassotherapy pool on the Millenium class ships since they were smart and located it outside the spa area. On the Galaxy class, it is inside the spa area so for control purposed, they charge something like $10/day.
Frank-in-CA
Old March 28th, 2004, 09:23 PM
First Mate

No charge, but I would pay gladly. What a wonderful experience.

Nita
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Beginner

Hi, Just returned from cruising on the Constellation. What a great ship. We enjoyed the T-Pool and a appetizer from the Aqua Spa Cafe every nite before our late dinner. A great way to wind down before dinner for FREE!!! Enjoy!!!
Old March 29th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

The thalassotherapy pool on the M-class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation) is nothing like the thalassotherapy pool on the Century class (Century, Mercury, and Galaxy).
On the M-class, the pool is free since it is located in a common area. It is much bigger and the currents aren't as strong. You can even swim in it.
On the Century class, the pool is located inside the spa and is much smaller. The jets are much stronger and the water was hotter. In fact, I really felt sorry for salmon after spending time in the Century t-pool. I did get a taste of trying to move upstream against the current. Luckily, there are grab bars located all over the pool. The pool is too small to swim.
They did try to put a charge on the M-class t-pool back in 2001. Due to outrage on this and other cruise boards, the charge was removed. Basically, people complained because when they booked their cruise, the use of the pool on m-class was included. They also felt that because the t-pool on the m-class wasn't a true therapy pool, they shouldn't charge the same as the century class.