Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Stacey Schafer

Default Family with kids on Century

My travel agent is trying to talk me into a century cruise this summer. I wanted RCCL or Disney but the cost was prohibitive. I have three kids, 4,8, and 11. I would be sailing in July and staying in two adjoining rooms if I take it- continental deck 4151 and 4147. the price is 1500 cheaper than RCCL and RCCL is out of adjoining rooms. I just haven't heard much about Celebirty. can anyone tell me about it for kids? do they have a kids menu? How is the kids club? What are the pools like? I would appreciate any info you could give
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Captain

Default Re: Family with kids on Century

We sailed the Mercury last summer in Alaska.

My 10 yr old son loved the kids program. The kids program is broken into age groups so the 11 yr old won't be with the 4 yr old or the 8 yr old. They will be with kids the same age groups and with activities which will be age appropriate.

Yes there are kids menus. Hot dogs and chicken strips. That sort of food.

Two of the 3 pools were heated and had salt water in them.

IMHO, Celebrity is not a mistake at all for bringing along kids.
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Renae

I sailed on the Century in Oct 03. We saw many families with children of all ages. They always appeared to be having fun. The menu is applicable to pretty much everyone. The buffets always have something for them. I'm sure the dinner menu would be appropriate too. Everyone (staff) went overboard to please the guests on our cruise, no matter what the situation. It is, however, by no means a "party ship". The decor, food, activities and staff are all a bit more upscale than Carnival, Royal Caribbean or Disney. Feel free to ask if you want more specific information about the ship.
Old March 20th, 2004, 01:10 AM
kk5

Hi- I am now 19 years old. I will be going on my 6th cruise this summer. My first was on Royal Carribbean and the other 5 have been on Celebrity. Having cruised 5 different times with Celebrity, I have experienced every aspect of the vacation from a kid's point of view. I started sailing Celebrity in elementary school and will have completed my sophomore year of college when I sail this summer. At every age in between I have been completely and utterly "wowed" by the kids programs on Celebrity. My sister (2 years younger) and I have never had a bad word to say about Celebrity. Everyone from waiters, entertainment staff, and youth counselors has gone out of their way to ensure that the two of us enjoyed ourselves thouroughly. I would STRONGLY encourage you to book with Celebrity as I would be completely shocked if you did not completely fall in love with it. Hope I helped!
Old March 20th, 2004, 06:47 AM
BMK

Hi- Grab those adjoining cabins while they are available! We have been on RCl (last April), Celebrity, NCL and Princess and love Celebrity the most. We are cruising in a couple weeks again. I have two kids and think Celebrity is great for them. Also want to Disney but price is outragous.