Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:26 PM
sydneyuaf2

Default Bring your own alcohol

Hi,

Are you allowed to bring you own alcohol? We were thinking about bringing a couple bottles of wine, but we're not sure if it's allowed.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bring your own alcohol

Just got back. We took a six pack, a bottle of rum and two bottles of wine. Had no problems.
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:37 PM
sydneyuaf2

Thanks, Macc.
Just curious. You carried it on or had it in your luggage?
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Bought it at the Duty Free store at the pier and carried it on. Also, when your in another port and want to carryon, the custom guys at the ship will tell you to check your booze into the ships counter they have set up. But they(the ships personnel) pretty much look the other way so just act like you did'nt hear them and proceed to the elevators.

Have a great time. Wish I was going with you
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:31 PM
kk5

Brandy in a Pepsi bottle, Vodka in a Sprite bottle, etc. Allowed??? Maybe not, but does it work??? You bet!
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Beginner

I brought two 4-packs of the small bottles of wine. Had some in my carry-on and some in Mothers. No problem. Mother also likes screwdrivers so she brought some baby vodkas and got juice from the buffet.
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:17 AM
BMK

This is encouraging we are leaving next Saturday. Last year tried to bring on some beer in New Orleans on RCCL and had it taken away at the pier. I think we might try again. I have visions of having a glass of wine while sitting on my balcony watching the sunset!
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Verdillia

We got back from Millennuim and took 4 bottles of wine in our checked luggage, no problem...bubble wrapped and in large zip lock bags. Took one to the dining room ourself, spoke to our sommelier and our room attendant delivered the rest to him, he didn`t even charge us corkage ($12) left him a good tip on the last night.
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM
First Mate

Macc says they turn their head; well for us they turned it right in our direction! The booze we bought at the duty free shop was checked at the ships entrance and returned to us the last night, but it took us til about 10pm to get it. Several others on our cruise had the same problem. I would ship it in the luggage or put in a back pack type of carry on to be safe!

Nita
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Hey Nita, what ship were you on? We had no problem what so ever. Where in NM are you?
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Bring your own alcohol

I brought a bottle of Johnnie Walker and a bottle of Hennessey onboard in Ft. Lauderdale, right in my carryon luggege, no problems. Additionally, we bought 2 bottles of rum in St Kitts and carried it right onto the ship no one said a word.
Old March 29th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Big Apple

Put your booze in your checked baggage and wrap in bubble wrap.You are allowed to bring wine on board so bring in your hand carry .The other posts on this subject are correct and I have done all with almost 100% sucess especially the keep walking to the elevators rapidly after shore trip Wait for lots of people and even easier.O n holland last month I saw a guy wheel in a case of beer and case of champagne with no trouble. My other trick is to fill 2 large win glasses with wine and carry into dining as if purchased at bar.One bottle will fit into 2 glasses if filled to the top.
Old April 5th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Readytobook

HI,
We bring our own always. We still buy some on board, but if you take wine into the dining room, they will open it and bring you glasses, and store any remaining until the next night. I think a $6 fee. Cabin attendants are very happy to bring ice bucket and glasses for your own champagne. Small refrig in room keeps beer/pop/vodka cold. We have never had any problem bringing on our own.
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Big Apple

The charge for opening wine has gone up at least twice the amt you mentioned in your post.I can remember $6 and that was a deal based on their wine list I believe it is now $12 or more.Have been told on many ships that depending on wine steward you may not get charged and you should tip accordingly.Ihave found that they are marking wine up as much as 3 times what I pay in a liquor store.
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:33 PM
First Mate

Hey Ready, the "Corking" charge on the Sumitt this March was $12.00 per bottle.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
First Mate

Hi Macc, better late than never: we were on the Connie. Part of our problem was buying so much at the duty free shop and trying to carry it on in the boxes, not to mention our grand daughter who had just turned 21 had 4 bottles of rum from the duty free shop: she got busted, so we, of course followed. We did get our wine on but even that was ifffy. The young man checking could have stood to take a class on personality development. Where are we in NM? We are about 35 miles south of Alburquerque: Belen, NM. Actually we are 5 miles west of Belen, so it's a bit rural and we love almost every minute.

NMNita