Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mercury Sky Suites

Please give me the good, the bad and the ugly regarding Mercury's sky suites. Any advice is appreciated, but I'm mainly interested in the following:

- Can you hear any noise from the deck above?
- I know there is little privacy from above, but how private are the verandahs based on the other sky suite verandahs (are there panels to block out your next door cabin mates)?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Tina L

Default Re: Mercury Sky Suites

Just returned from the Mercury on March 28. We stayed in sky suite 1229. There is no bad and no ugly. It is the most fun we have ever had on vacation. We rarely saw any one above us. Its a walking deck. Nobody ever once looked over. There was no noise at all. The balcony is huge. We invited all of our table mates for a cocktail party for dinner. We had 12 people sitting very comfortable. The butler service is to die for. You will love it.
Old March 30th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Tina L
I have sky suite 1215 this summer on Mercury. I was wondering if I would use the butler service very much. Would you tell me how you used the services. Also, did you tip him every time or just at the end of the trip. Did you have afternoon tea?! Also, can you receive some of the benefits from cc class ( for instance pillow menu)??
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Frequent Cruiser

We looked down on all the sky suites from the deck above when we were in port one day and photographed the ones that were empty of inhabitants. I wish I had taken the time to mark which was which to upload for folks. Frankly, the large balconies didn't excite us. They're big, but so what? I would rather spend my money on more cruises, plus we would rather enjoy the company of other passengers.

It's easy for us to say, I guess, since we have a huge patio at home, which is much nicer, since there are trees to look at. If you live in a city and seldom have open space, it might make more sense.
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:48 AM
Tina L

Default Re: Re: Mercury Sky Suites

Dear Cindy B,
The butler will bring your meals on the balcony from the dining room menu. He sets it all up beautifully, and serves your meals course by course. He brings anything you need. Our butler Rusti made our trip special by making us feel so pampered. I went last week with my two best girfriends. No he will not accept tips as you go. You will tip him at the end with the envelope provided. We tipped him more than the suggested amount because we used his services alot. the large balcony for us was worth every penny and more. We loved laying out in the sun on our lounge chairs drinking margaritas, and listening to music, and just talking and laughing. We invited our wonderful table mates for cocktails before dinner, and Rusti would set everything up, and bring cheese plates, and champagne. It was unbelievable. The large balcony made the room seem huge, and since there were three of us girls we needed that. No, there is no pillow menu in a sky suite but you wont miss that. Celebrity treats you like royalty no matter what room your in but I think when your in a suite carrying that coveted gold room card around you get even more special attention. If you have any more questions let me know. steventina@behavioralmed.org

Tina
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Tina,

It sounds like you had a dream vacation. Thanks for the information, I can't wait for my cruise!

Cindy
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Mercury Sky Suites

We're getting our sky suite at a VERY discounted rate. The Mercury trip we have scheduled out of SFO was supposed to be a 7 night trip. Celebrity changed it to a 10 night trip and for the "inconvenience" they are charging us the same rate for the 10 as they were for the 7, PLUS giving us a $200 on board credit. The sky suite for a 10 day trip is costing us abpout $1000/pp. Can't beat it!
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Passenger

sasco,

I'm glad you can't see me right now. I'm a nice shade of green!! You're right you can't beat that price. Now you can spend the money you saved on excursions!! I certainly spent more than that for my suite. (oh well its only money) Have a wonderful time
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Who did you book it with?? $1000 per person for a sky suite is still a great price even for 7 days.
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

We may have to go ahead and do the balcony dinner....you made it sound like something we cannot refuse! Say hello to Mrs. Mike!