Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Default Documents Held Up

I was bugging my TA as to where my documents were since my neighbors got theirs last Friday. The TA finally called Celebrity and was told that it was because I had not paid for the shore excursions I'm taking.

I booked them on line at their web site months ago and as far as I recall, there's no way to get out of that site without paying without losing your excursions. Celebrity saw my bookings but something fell through the crack and it didn't record or charge my credit card. Fortunately we found out in time and they are charging it today and my docs should go out tomorrow. I'm glad we found it in time as we don't leave the country until May 4th.

I prefer the way Princess handles shore excursions. One can book them on line but they don't get charged immediately like they do with Celebrity. They end up on your shipboard account on Princess and you pay for those when you depart the ship. Celebrity gets to use your money many months in advance which I don't like.
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Documents Held Up

Wow Frank,
Good thing you had your travel agent put in a call and check, or they would still be just sitting there. Glad you have everything straightened out, won't be long now :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 15th, 2004, 09:35 AM
AR

Yet another excellent example of why not to buy shore excursions in advance.
Old April 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
hcat

After we book on line we always confirm twice by calling Cap Club rep. In fact we double & triple confirm everything because so many things can & sometimes do go wrong!
Old April 16th, 2004, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Documents Held Up

I don't like to buy shore excursions in advance either but in some cases that's the only way one can be sure they'll get the one they want. As I mentioned, I prefer the way Princess does it as one can easily cancel any of those on board without ever being charged if they are a day ahead of time.
Frank
Old April 17th, 2004, 02:32 PM
First Mate

On another forum, the moderator stated that Celebrity was having computer problems, both on and off line for the past few months. Supposedly they were putting in some upgraded software and you know what always happens in those situations.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Frequent Cruiser

"I prefer the way Princess handles shore excursions. One can book them on line but they don't get charged immediately like they do with Celebrity. They end up on your shipboard account on Princess and you pay for those when you depart the ship. Celebrity gets to use your money many months in advance which I don't like."

I agree completely.