Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Paul Emrich

Default Timing of Booking

Our first cruise was the January 9th Mercury sailing to Mexico.

We weren't sure if we would like it. Our travel style more typically takes us to places like Europe where we spend as much as a month exploring one country or two by car. In fact we're leaving next thursday for 25 days in Spain/Portugal.

Anyway, we loved the cruise and are thinking of doing Galaxy to the Panama canal in January.

How soon does this sort of cruise for January usually sell out? I need to have a couple of life events fall into place before I book. Can I wait until August? September?

I have been told that you can't save money by late booking. That is not my motive, but is it true?
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2004, 03:54 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Timing of Booking

Hi Paul - as a rule yes but not always - depending on how popular the cruise itinerary is..and I doubt that u will get the cabin u want by waiting that long - that said maybe u will get lucky. There is really no reason to wait anyway. U can put down a deposit and as long as u cancel before final payment is due u can get it back. You could even book several different times and cabins, pay the deposits and then cancel whatever u don't need or want. For example, I booked & paid my deposit on a balcony cabin on NCLs Pride of Aloha in Hawaii for late Jan/05 in March and it was over 1/2 sold out then and is all sold out of reg balcony cabins now. A few may come back on line when final payment is due but not many. They will be more expensive and snapped up quickly by people on a waitlist..Of course this is Hawaii and popular but so is the Panama Canal. Bottom line is 'u snooze - well u know the rest....! Hope this helps you choose. My best wishes for a great trip to Spain/ Portugal - was there yrs ago and loved it..!!. Happy cruisin' - fun isn't it??