Old April 16th, 2004, 12:25 PM
robrienwa

Default Avg Age on Celebrity Cruises

My wife and I are trying to decide on out first cruise in July. We are both Mid-30's. Was wondering what the average age was on Celebrity.

We're having a hard time deciding...there are so many cruise options

Thanks in advance
Old April 16th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Avg Age on Celebrity Cruises

It's pretty hard to beat a Celebrity cruise, although the average age of passengers is probably 50 and above (not that you can't have fun with this age group). I think if you are planning on doing a cruise in the Caribbean, you'll be fine, but Europe may be an older crowd. No matter what, you won't be disappointed in Celebrity.
Good luck.
Old April 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Moni

I'm 41 and am taking my 19 year old daughter to Europe this summer on Constellation.
Moni
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

It depends on itinerary, length of cruise, and time. Summer sailings tend to have more children and younger families on board. A 14 day transatlantic will attract a little older crowd.
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:42 PM
AR

daysatsea has it right. You can't answer that question based solely on the cruise line. True, Celebrity tends to skew a little older than many lines, but the real predictors are the itinerary, the time of year, and often the departure port.

Longer cruises (more than 7 days) will draw an older crowd, especially if they don't end where they start. Cruises from Florida draw a lot of older people (because that's where they live), but they're usually balanced off by young people and families, especially at vacation times. Alaska cruises tend to draw a really mixed crowd, all ages. So do the Canada/New England runs.

A good cruise agent could probably pinpoint the best bets for you.
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
seabee

Well lets see, when i first cruised on Celebrity I was 49. Then 51,52,52,53 and 54...that makes an average age of 51.833333.
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Avg Age on Celebrity Cruises

My wife & I are booked on the Zenith to Bermuda this July. We are celebrating our 2nd anniversary on July 4 and are both 31.
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:41 AM
daffomom

My husband and I are headed to Alaska on the Mercury in 2 weeks..it is a 12 day cruise & I expect the crowd to be older, mostly due to the length of the cruise, as hopefully the older you get, the more able you are to get the time off work to take longer vacations and maybe have more $$ to spend on a longer cruise. On our 7 day cruise on Carnival Victory to New England/Canada last fall it was a mix of ages...as was our 7 day to Alaska on NCL Sky in 2001. We are 47 & 49 & not much into hanging out at the beach..so I wonder if warmer weather cruises attract younger people?
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Brahmama

It really does depend on the cruise time and location.

Our last cruise was on Celebrity in October in the Med for 12 days. There were 8 of us who ran together and shared some tours etc. We were the oldest (in our 60's) another couple in their 50's, a couple from the UK in their 40's and a couple of neat guys from Alabama in their 30's -

I never hold their age against the young uns - just so they can keep up with us!!!!
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:11 PM
Ron Case

We are going on the century in August , we are mid-40's
Old April 25th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Edmngld

We're going on the Century next January, actually 1-15-2005.
My wife and I are both in our mid fifties.
We've found that on all the cruises that we've been on that the age difference depends on the time of the year and the length of the itinerary.
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
jamiegunter

We just returned from the Century on Saturday, and found it to be a mostly older croud. There were not alot of couples our age, we are 27 and 33.
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:00 PM
higginszoo

Default Re: Re: Re: Avg Age on Celebrity Cruises

We're on the Century on 1-15-05 also. Dh and I are early 30's (32), but fully expect the other passengers to average mid-fifties. From what I can tell so far, many Celebrity cruisers seem to be a lot of fun no matter what their ages.
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am going on Celebrity in May and I am 36 and my husband is 38.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005