Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:43 AM
First Mate

Default Captain's Club Levels

Anyone else think that some of the Captain's Club benefits are inane? For example, at the Select level (6-10 cruises) one gets a whole 10 minutes of internet time free. Wow! Can they spare it? Princess gives one free internet for the entire cruise at that same level. What a joke.

I do like that Celebrity acknowledges those that take the longer cruises by giving double credits for cruises longer than 12 days. Princess could learn from that.

I also think the free Thalassotherapy pool on Century-class ships is a nice perk at the Elite level.
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Captain's Club Levels

RCL has a great perk for diamond members, they get to go to a Concierge Club lounge (on certain ships) where you get free cocktails, wine and hot and cold canapes.

Very nice.

I thought Celebrity would have it, but they don't.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Frank,

I do like that Celebrity acknowledges those that take the longer cruises by giving double credits for cruises longer than 12 days. Princess could learn from that.

I agree.

Actually, I think that they should go one step further and award levels by nights rather than by cruises.

Norm.
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:56 AM
rkamen

Hi,
I am a Select member on Celebrity and a Diamond member on RCCL. I never found the perks worth very much at all. A cocktail party with watered down drinks, and maybe terry robes in your cabin. No worth striving for. The coupon books they give you aren't worth very much at all. Maybe save you $50 if you can use them.

The departure lounges are a joke and we always get faster and better treatment standing in line with the unwashed masses during embarkation. As far a debarkation - we get off based on our travel plans and flights, not becuase of our status.

Category upgrades are also a joke, going from deck 2 to deck 3??? Same cabin, same basic category - Inside for inside, outside for outside. Only once upgraded from an outside to a balcony. My travel agent had more to do with that my my frequent cruiser status did. Never upgraded from an inside to an outside though.

Norm, I like your idea of awarding perks based on nights onboard, rather than number of cruises. We never take less than a 10 day cruise and we do a minimum of 3 cruises a year - some years more. In essence we cruise the equivilent of 4.2 seven day cruises per year, or more.
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Admiral

You pay nothing to join. I certainly would not spend $4000 on a 14 day cruise to simply get to the next level, but, the benefits albeit small, are worth it to me.
We have in fact been walked to the front of the embarkation line not once, but twice, because of captains club membership. In addition priority disembarkation gets you off the ship before the mass hysteria reaches the luggage area. Usually enough ahead of the masses to find luggage easily, find a porter easily and get a cab or bus without waiting.
I usually have a drink before dinner, so why not at least once per cruise let Celebrity buy it for me?
We usually take the upgrade by bookinga specific cabin/catagory and paying for the catagory below it. Maybe it's only $50 but that is $50 per person and again, why not?
Our most recently booked cruise became a Captains Club special (after we booked it) and a simple call from our TA to Celebrity resulted in $250 deducted from our final price.
That same special got us $50 onboard credit and a two for one at the Normandy restaurant.
Quite a bit considering I would have booked the cruise without any of it and didn't pay anything to join.