Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Jeff de Lapp

Default Celebrity in Alaska group cruise 2005

I am doing an Alaska group cruise on Celebrity in Aug 2005. Any suggestions on what are "must dos" and "don't waste you times" in Alaska? Also, how is Celebrity? I have never cruised on them. I am typically a RCCL person, and love it. Is Celebrity stuffy? The Alaska cruise tour looks fabulous, 2 days in Denali, Talkeetna, Fairbanks and Anchorage? HAs anybody done this? *************** (edited by moderator)

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity in Alaska group cruise 2005

I am no fan of cruisetours, extremely costly for what you get. Alaska for me is a place to be in a rental car/RV to see all the "small" stuff and the ability to stop along the way at all the great attractions. Being on a fixed point to point tour is less than desirable for me. Add days in Fairbanks/Anchorage you see very little of either if you don't, rental cars are necessary to make the best use of your time. Meals aren't included unless specified- budget about 50%more than at home. Some pluses for Celebrity is the Seward port- BUT most people just pass though- make the most of it and do something there- supurb opportunities. A negative- no College Fjords or Glacier Bay, also they are doing more outside passage sailing than some other lines.