Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:46 AM
GayleCoriale

Default Celebrity Infinity-Alaska

Can anyone assist?
Our Travel Agent has provide Zero information regrarding my first cruise.
What exactly does formal night mean on the INfinity Alaska Cruise?
Why take a long dress if it is not necessary ?
Many thanks-
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity Infinity-Alaska

Celebrity is a more formal ship, but nice dress pants and dressy tops are acceptable, mix and match is easy with blacks.
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Celebrity is a more formal ship, but nice dress pants and dressy tops are acceptable, mix and match is easy with blacks.
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Therese

There are two formal nights. You may wear a long gown, if you like, but a knee-length (semi-formal) evening dress is fine. All cruises are the same. Then again...if you opt not to dine in the formal dining room, you may always eat at one of the other restaurants. Have you ever been on a cruise before?
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Passenger

Gayle: we are on Infinity to Alaska 9/19 and have a 7 page newsletter, that has tons of info for the ship, itinerary and cruising in general. If you would like to have a copy please email me.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Harris

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Infinity-Alaska

WIll be going to Alaska 8/1 via Celebrity Infinity

Any info would help

My wife tells me we will be in an inside stateroom on the ? 2nd? floor
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:19 PM
David M

Good Day

I am in the travel industry and live in Vancouver BC

If you have any questions on what to do or need or what to wear feel free to contact me at trvlguy@shaw.ca or www.trvlguy.ca

As for attire yes Celebrity has the look and feel of a 4 to 5 star cruise line however, for formal nights I have done tuxs, shirt and tie and been fine. Tehy are not going to kick you off the ship or anything, they do aim to have everyone in some nice attire and thats what Formal nights are all about - prom and grads all over again :-)

Enjoy yoru time in Alaska in the last two cruise season been there 4 times

Cheers

David
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Gayle,
Our first and only Alaska cruise was on Celebrity Infinity, just wonderful... Celebrity is a bit more formal, so yes, to anything you have thats super dressy, even long dress's you'll see. I did write a review of our cruise if you want to read through it for any info. or tips:

Celebrity Infinity review

This was a great ship for Alaska, we really enjoyed it, plus the service is top notch, have fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Infinity-Alaska

Hi Genny,
We are sailing on the Infinity on 8/29 and we would love to have a copy of your newsletter.
Thanks and happy cruise to you,
Anne Marie
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Hi Anne Marie, I forwarded a copy to you.
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Linda G.

We went on Celebrity's Infinity to Alaska last September and absolutely loved this ship.
What made this cruise so special is that on the ship was a naturalist that gave a four part series about the history of Alaska. Then too, our table, which consisted of three other couples, was the best we ever experienced on a cruise. We all rotated every night to sit near a different couple at the table. One of the couples, after hearing about Hurricane Isabel, which had hit the Tidewater area of Virginia, where we live, offered to let us stay at there home in Vancouver in case we could not get back to our home in Virginia Beach.
One good thing about cruising to Alaska in September was that there were sales in all of the stores in every port because it was nearing the end of the cruising season. Not only that, the ship was quiet because all of the children were already back in school. We would definitely travel on Celebrity's Infinity again!