Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

I am back after a wonderful 7 nights aboard the MV Horizon. This was my first Celebrity cruise and it will not be my last.
The grand buffets were spectacular and the crew really did cater to your every wish.
Our room steward was always there ready to help us out and he took a real interest in our days.
The waiter and asst. waiter were great. By the second night, they knew that we wanted plain rolls, plenty of ketchup for my son, and full glasses of water. Four of the 7 nights my husband ordered two different entrees and of course, two lobster tails.
Our asst. Maitre d came around to the table each night and spent about 5 minutes asking us about our day and telling us what was happening later on in the evening and the following day.
The crew in the grill was always there to help you carry your tray and take away all the empty plates.
If anyone has any questions about the ship or itinerary just let me know and I will be happy to try and answer your questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

Hi cruise4fun:
I have sailed the Horizon and Zenith to Bermuda 4 times and this July will be my 5th. I am glad you enjoyed your cruise and reading your post made me even more excited for mine! Happy cruising everyone!
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Lee and Kelli

HI cruise4fun........... Thanks for the update on your cruise! We are going on the same
ship on 9/05/04 from Norfolk to Bermuda. Did you guys have a good cabin? Was the
ocean not to bad???? Were you happy with the food??

THANKS MUCH;

Lee and Kelli

PS our computer crashed so may email is not accurate. Lee
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:51 PM
clfpitts

We'll be going on the Horizon next week with our 1.5 year old. You mention your son...how old is he, and do you have any tips?

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

The food was very good with a nice variety. Many nights I ordered two entrees because I could not make up my mind. Carnival has better pizza but Celebritys burgers and hot dogs win the prize. Out on deck the offer Belgium waffles with warm butter and syrup so don't miss out there. The drinks during the day were tea, fruit punch, and lemonade. Fountain cards are $5 per day if you want that option too. They had different flavers of soft serve frozen yogurt and fresh made ice cream daily. Do not miss the melons on parade or the grand buffet. You will not believe your eyes. I did not eat at either but stayed up just to take pictures.

The singers and dancers are great. Don't miss the tribute to Broadway shows. The costumes blew me away.

We had a great cabin. We were in # 6112 mid ship and the water was like glass. Only 2-3 foot waves in both directions. It felt like we never left port.

The kids program was something to be desired for though. There were only 30 kids on board out of about 1200 passengers so the activites were lacking. My son who is 9 was grouped with 3 year olds. The people in charge of the program were great, I don't blame them at all. They did the best with what they had to work with.

The pools are not for younger kids. There is one large whirlpool which starts at about 3' and goes to 4.5' and the big pool is 5' 6" the whole way. Even with the smooth water, the waves were splashing over the top.

Oh, and a note about Norfolk... I believe it is the best port ever. The crew was friendly and efficient. We were on board eating by 11:00 and off by 8:30.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

Kelli:
I just wanted to tell you that my name is also Kelli. There aren't a lot of "Kelli's" out there that spell it this way, so I always find it interesting when I meet someone who does! Happy cruising.
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Linda G.

Dear Cruise4fun,
We are Bermuda bound on the Horizon on October 2nd. Several years ago, we tried Celebrity because, with our younger daughter's wedding coming up, we did not want the additional expense of paying for airfare to depart for a cruise. The only positive thing about 9/11 is that the cruise industry realized that people were not so willing to fly to departure ports so they added many more ports in driving distances for most people. We have had nothing but praise for Celebrity! Their service, food, and attention to detail are excellent! You could pay more than twice the price to go on Silver Sea, Crystal, and Radisson but to me the service would not be any better! Besides, I would rather have the extra money for shopping and excursions. Glad you had a great time in Bermuda and we are definitely looking forward to going.
Old June 12th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Vangie

How was the water. I am going out of Norfolk and I have heard that the water was rough.

Thanks
Old June 13th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Lee and Kelli

HI... Califive............ Yep there are not alot of ladies that spell Kelli the way we do????
We are looking forward to our 9/5/04 Bermuda cruise. Have a good summer!!!

Thanks;

KELLI and Lee....... my other half!