Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:42 PM
hcat

Default Music on Constellation

We are on the 9/20 trip to New Eng & Canada which will take place just after a transatlantic crossing for this ship. Do you think the bands/music performers will change or is it really based on contract weeks? Would like to have a brief run down of the bands that might be on board at that time of yr..I expect not too much will be happening poolside in late Sept! We recently had a great band VOLZ on Summit along with a great harpist & one man performer at the aft bar...also a Jazz group in the specialty rest. Always look forward to the music!
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Joe Reynolds

Default Re: Music on Constellation

Brooks Aehron will be aboard. I can't find out who else will be aboard.
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

It is based on their contract times. i would wait till its closer to cruise time then post that question again.

Old July 18th, 2004, 07:23 PM
hcat

Sorry for being uninformed but who is Brooks Aehron? I don't think we will know much about our sailing ahead of time as it is the first one after the trip over from Dover. Don't even know which nights will be formal etc but can guess...
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:58 PM
AR

Brooks Aehron is a pretty good British pianist, and a very good showman.

His standard repertoire is light classic warhorses, with some excursions into standard pop, most of which he plays very well. His discussions of the music are a highlight of his act; his enthusiasm and sidelilghts about the pieces are entertaining and infectious. He seems to live on Celebrity ships. And he sells a "boatload" of CDs.

Overall, trying to predict what entertainers will be on what ship is a pretty futile and unrewarding pastime. You know perfectly well that there will be a show band of somewhere between six and eight pieces (if you're lucky the leader will be Jeff Hughes); there will be a piano player in Michael's; there will be a small string ensemble for the restaurant, etc. plus a harpist to play in the hallways; and there will be some sort of keyboard/singer/drum machine act for the Rendezvous (my standard name for this act is the "Rikky-Tik Duo"). And there will be the ubiquitous "pool band," which will either play mostly at the pool or mostly in the upstairs night club, depending on the weather. This is a keyboard, bass, guitar, drum sort of outfit, with a horn or two thrown in. They're usually pretty good and pretty versatile. Finally, there's often an a capella group that sings around the ship.

I heard that one one Celebrity cruise recently the whole week went by without anybody playing or singing "Memory," and the ship almost sank. :-)
Old July 20th, 2004, 07:11 AM
hcat

Thanks for the info. I really enjoy the music--the harpist on Summit in March was fabulous as was the singer at the aft bar--actually enjoyed all the music--esp Volz the pool/party band, had a great female singer. . Could not hear the string ensemble in the DR due to our seat location so hope we have a better spot this time around. As for the pool/party band--not sure they will be a pool band in Late Sept in canada-