Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:36 PM
valtandc

Default Kids on mercury

I'm looking for book a mexican riviera trip during jan or feb of 2005. My wife, I, my two kids ages 4 and 7. I've taken kids on ncl dawn out of nyc and there were literally 900 kids on the ship. I'm not looking for a disney type atmosphere, but will my kids be welcome on this boat. Our kids are well behaved but are typical kids who like to have a good time. I don't need those stuffy folks looking at us as if they just spent 10k for a crystal cruise but are on a celebrity ship.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:35 PM
Captain

Default Re: Kids on mercury

We sailed the Mercury last summer in Alaska. My 10 yr old son loved the kids program. We noticed the younger kids had fun as well. We felt the Mercury was very kid friendly. I believe you will love her as well.
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Beginner

Just got back from an Alaska cruise on the Mercury, on an extended family vacation with the youngest 11 months (my nephew) and also cousins 5 and 8). My cousins had a great time and were seated in the dining room with another family with children the same age. The staff all responded very positively to the baby everywhere on the ship. It was a great choice for a vacation because of the age range ot the entire family, 11 months to 82.
Old June 7th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Frequent Cruiser

Aren't 7-year-olds in school during February? If there is a school vacation break then, we would like to know about it.
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:11 PM
valtandc

Default Re: Re: Kids on mercury

to frequent cruiser:

I'll make my decisions on when to take my kids on vacation. thanks for input.
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Denise Blackmore

Dear valtandc,

If you are really concerned about how many kids are onboard a cruise (because you don't want too many) I would suggest traveling on Princess Cruises. They are the only cruise line that limits the number of kids onboard each cruise. They limit the number of kids within each age group of their kids programs. Therefore, the staff can handle the number of kids and still provide all of the program activities they advertise. Its a great program!

Denise Blackmore, ACC
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:23 AM
David Starkey

Kids will have a good time on the Mercury...its agreat ship.
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

val

This may help. I was on a 10 day Mercury 1/30 - 2/9 2004. I frankly noticed very few children or teens. There were some. We had early seating (normally when families eat) and didn't see a lot then either. The Mercury is a great ship. Lots of room. E