Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:04 PM
hcat

Default parking at NYC Pier

We just found out that a limo from our home on LI NY to pier is $300 rt, so we are looking for an alternate other than taking a train into the city. Has anyone recently parked at the cruise pier in Manhattan? If so what were the costs, how was security & how far from parking is it to the Celeb terminal;? I was happy Celeb did not go to Bayonne as did Royal carib but in the long run that's a better deal. Royal offers a shuttle from local convenient stops on LI, better than the limo to NYC. Hopefully we can drive in & self parkor maybe do a car service which might be cheaper than a limo. Any help will be gratetfully appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: parking at NYC Pier

Hi hcat:
I personally have not parked at the pier, but a family friend did a year or so ago and it was about $25 a day. The security was great as they said they felt perfectly comfortable leaving their car there and did not worry about a thing. I'm not sure how far it is from the Celebrity terminal, as they did not mention this. Based on my memory, I remember seeing people parking directly next to the ship on previous cruises. Of course they weren't necessarily cruise ship passangers, but I assumed they were. I would imagine that the parking is quite close to the ship. Maybe someone else can give you some more concrete answers. I hope I helped a little! Happy cruising- when are you sailing?
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM
Admiral

The parking at the pier is on the roof of the pier that the ship docks at. Very easy.

Don
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Parking at the pier is on the roof of the terminals. Drop off your luggage and passengers and proceed ahead and up the ramp. Payment is in advance and CASH ONLY and the cost is now about $29 or $30 per day. Park your car and meet your party downstairs in the terminal by check in.
Another alternative from LI is to take LIRR to Penn Station on a non rush hour train. A cab from Penn Station to terminal is only about $10, .
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
hcat

Thanks for the info. I learned there is a long term parking rate which for an 11 day cruise would be fine, but my husb doesn't want to do that or take the LIRR which I would prefer. We found a car service for about $200 so I guess we'll go with that. Gee we could almost fly to Fla for that amt! It's our first trip (& last) from NYC but I wanted to try Constellation to New Eng.--Going in Sept. It sounds like fun & something a bit different for us. I also heard that Royal has an affordable shuttle you can take from various spots on LI to Bayonne so maybe we will try that port once also. Leaving from Ft Lauderdale from Islip LI is such an easy deal that we are spoiled. Even next yr to Miami will be a bigger hassle & then if we do Hawaii after that we have the Ensenada mess!. But the cruises are very much worth it! Happy Cruising.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: parking at NYC Pier

The one thing that (even as a New Yorker ) makes the cruise from NY special is sailing down the harbor with the NY skyline on your left, the Statue of Liberty to your right, then under the Verezano Bridge and out to sea. Makes all the hassle worthwhile.
Coming bavk into port, wake up at sunrise, you sail under the Verezano and catch sunrise over Brooklyn and then over the NY skyline. MUST DO. and something even us New yorkers will be impressed by.
You will find you will want to do it again.
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:28 PM
hcat

I agree PapBill--used to cruise from NY many yrs ago--that's the only place the ships left from. It really will be a great experience..what side of the ship should we be on for best views--I am challenged directionally! Do you think there will be an outdoor sail away party in late Sept?? I am resigned to the check in process & cost of the limo & will move on from here. Have heard that Bayonne is not running very smoothly at this point so I am glad we have NYC!
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: parking at NYC Pier

If they have the shuttle it is an excellent alternative. We took the Celebrity shuttle from NJ to Baltimore last year. It was I believe $75.00 round trip but the best part was putting our luggage on the bus and not seeing it until it came to our stateroom. Also, they dropped us right at the pier door.

Don