Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2004, 03:34 PM
First Mate

Default Summit

Summit 1/07/05.....who's sailing with us????
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Summit

Gee guess u will have the ship all to yourself Ann - hope u have a great cruise!!
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Passenger

We'll be on the Summit.....Feb 07/05 though!

Summit
Old June 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Beginner

Hi Ann..

My fiance and I are booking within a couple of days four honeymoon. We were looking at the Explorer of Sea (Royal Caribbean) first because we were told that the Summit was sold out for weeks a time. Just the week, some rooms have opened up. Hopefully if all goes well, we'll be on the ship with you

What are you planning on doing at the ports of call?

--Have fun sailing!
Old June 30th, 2004, 01:42 PM
First Mate

My first time on the Summit was last December, 10-night Ultimate Southern Caribbean and am waiting for the 2005 schedule comes out to book it again for next Oct/Nov.

Just loved this cruise and I think is the best deal around. This was the most relaxing cruise I had been on.

I'm booked on the Constellation for 13 days this October and the Millenium in Jan '05 for 7 days, but would do the Summit again and again.

Have a wonderful time.
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:30 PM
GailM

Default Re: Re: Summit

Dear cruzcrazy: I'm thinking of going on the Summit for a 14-day cruise from San Diego in May 2005. Tell me why you love the Summit so much! Hope to hear from you.

Cruzcrazytoo!
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:50 PM
suzee

Hi Ann, we are going with you!
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:29 PM
First Mate

Hi GailM..

The Summit is a little more refined in it's decor of the ship, but with time you will like it. It's not glitzy at all.

The food is not very consistant, not spectacular, but good. If you do order something you don't like, please send it back. You can't blame the waiter for the cut of meat or freshness of the fish. The deserts were fabulous.

If you have a good waiter and assistant it makes it much more pleasurable. We had a wonderful waiter and it made the experience even better. We had a table of 12 and by the second night he knew everyone's name and we even switched seats. Now that's service. He was always wanting to please us and we had some fussy people at our table. He would always bring out a few extra dishes for us to try. I've never seen that on any other ship.

The spa pool area was my favorite. They also have a very nice lunch "Spa Food" in which you can choose from a cold soup, nice entrees and deserts. Of course, you have all you want because it's already plated. I found this to me nicer on some days than the regular buffet for lunch.

The buffet did have a nice pasta station and sandwich station all the way in the back of the buffet area. That is a real nice area to get away from everyone else. Head for that area as you walk in, the chairs are even more comfortable. In the evening it turns into a table-cloth area to eat dinner in case you want a change from your main dining room group.

If you like 5-star cuisine you must go to the Normandy restaurant. It's well worth the extra charge the food and service is superb. Just eat light all day because it is about a 6-course meal. We had to skip two courses, but if you like chocolate, the souffle for desert is to die for.

I found the entertainment to be okay, but then it gave me more time for the martini bar which became a everyday event for us. The service and drinks were the best I've had on any ship so far.

We enjoyed the Cova Cafe for it's specialty coffees (you will be charged) and free warm French Pastries, cookies and nice chocolate with every cup of coffee. We went there everyday. They have nice music playing and it's a nice spot to just unwind.

I loved the Summit and definately would sail on her again. I think you will like this ship.

I'm so looking forward to my Constellation trip this October and then the Millenium. I'm not going to compare ships, but my expectations are even higher on them than on the Summit because now she gets my gold star.

Have a great cruise and let us know how you enjoyed it.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Susan Hofer

We loved the Summit on a 11 day to Hawaii. Very elegant ship and so far the nicest one I have ever been on. The menu changed every day and I guess I was surprised by that. We had a table for 2 and the waiter couldn't have been more attentive, bringing my husband extra soups which he loves and extra lobster w/o asking for it.

The ship never felt crowded, even on the 5 sea days and we always had something to do. I did enjoy the spa lunch but never made it to the specialty lunch buffets although they looked pretty good too.

The only complaint was that we are late risers and it was hard to find breakfast after 10am. There was a smaller buffet in the back which converted to the specialty lunch buffet later, but after 11:00 you couldn't hardly find coffee & rolls. We did order breakfast in our cabin one day and it was hot & good, but Karl loves to sit out on the back of the ship watching the ocean go by so it wasn't the same.

We did do the Normandie also and it was very rich, very long and very filling. I actually prefered the regular dining room . Did not feel quite so overstuffed.

Can't wait to do Summit again, though.
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:26 AM
GoatPro

Default Re: Re: Summit

We will be sailing on Summit Nov 26 for 10 days, eastern Caribbean itinerary. Can't wait!

Inspiration 2002
Voyager of the Seas 2002
Navigator of the Seas 2003
Elation 2003
Voyager of the Seas 2003
Adventure of the Seas 2/2004
Explorer of the Seas 10/ 2004
Summit 11/04