Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:37 PM
NWTeacher

Default Infinity

My husband and I are taking our first cruise to Alaska on Infinity this July 2004. We have booked 9160 on Sky Deck. I hope someone can answer a couple of questions that haven't already been addressed on these boards. I have read that concierge class has an extended breakfast menu with room service. Is this included in the fare, or should we plan to pay if we decide to order from them?

I see a lot of mixed reviews about the overhang on this deck. As a first timer, I'm delighted to have the air, window, and a few extras that I richly deserve It sounds like the noise could be a problem, so I guess ear plugs will be taken, too.

Any suggestions for first timers that are very new to the travel world.

Thanks!

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:54 PM
tokathy

Default Re: Infinity

Room service meals are all included, but you should give the delivery person a tip. (I believe most folks give $2) You can order off the dining room menu during dinner hours and have dinner on your balcony if you like........You have one of the best cabins on the Infinity. You might hear some chair movement from the eating area above you occasionally. Your balcony will be half covered so you can enjoy sun or shade......I am sure if you look through the various cruise websites (like this one) you will find a photo of the aft of the ship and you can see your cabin. The Infinity is powered by gas turbines, so it does not have the aft vibration problem that some ships have. Some nights they have a musician playing on the deck above you, and you can hear the music when you are out on your balcony, it is wonderful. You will really enjoy the fabulous aft view and the extra large balcony space. We love the Infinity and are booked in an aft cabin on her again next April..........
Old June 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sara,
I just know you'll enjoy Infinity, we sure did on our trip to Alaska. Here is a link to a review and some pics at the bottom, have fun:

Infinity review

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:11 PM
bobbiejo

Hi Just returned from Infinity 5-28-04, has room 9118. The expanded breakfast menu was delicious and just wonderful to have on your balcony. No additional charge except as mentioned before the tip. Noise was never a problem for us. Enjoy
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

CC class is wonderful! Enjoy the perks, and yes you can order a full breakfast and have it delivered via roon service (a tip is always appropriate). We've done CC 2x and in Sept. will be 3. Love the priority embarkation and debarkation, quick delivery of your luggage as well as the wonderful champage on arrival (in your stateroom). Enjoy! We will on the Infinity in Sept. (Alaska too).
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Everyone else has said it all, just enjoy!! If you are a light sleeper and go to bed early, you might want to keep the ear plugs handy, just in case, if you are like me any off sounds disturbs me. But from everyone I know who will only cruise in those rooms they love it!! You will love the balcony, and get ready to be spoiled! Happy first cruise and many more!!