Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
hcat

Default Infinity to Hawaii

We have pretty much decided we wanrt to try this for our 30th anniv . Do you think late Sept/early oct is an OK time for that trip or should we wait til the following spring...Has anyone been on the Infinity lately? If so how was it?
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Infinity to Hawaii

We were on the Infinity sailing from Vancouver to Hawaii last Sept 26-Oct 8 and it was wonderful. It was around 70 degrees when we sailed out of Vancouver and we were all swimming everyday of the 5 sea days to Hawaii. The seas were fine and the Infinity is wonderful. (As are all the M-cLass ships) We enjoyed her so much we booked the 14 night transcanal for April 2005......
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Infinity her maiden year in Hawaii (April '01).....lots of bugs needed to be worked out. We were not impressed.

HOWEVER: We booked 14-day Trans-Canal on Infinity in December 2002 and it was like a totally different ship: in short WONDERFUL CRUISE ON A G R E A T ship! :-)
(Guess they got the bugs out!)

We were on Infinity for a 3rd time Dec. 2003 for another 14-night Trans-Canal - and again the ship was in wonderful condition and the staff great. (as was the itinerary)! :-)

We've cruised on Summit 2X and Infinity 3X with Millie coming up next May - so far we love Summit and Infinity equally!

Have a wonderful Trans-Canal!

[b]MILLIE: The Beautiful Med...Barcelona to Venice- 5/15/05[b]
NOS West. Caribbean - 12/10/2005
[b]Summit Hawaii - 4/9/2006
NOS East. Caribbean - 12/02/2006
Infinity Alaska Repo - 5/7/2007
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:55 PM
hcat

We loved Summit on our 10 day Carib so thought Infinity would be the logical choice for Hawaii--just a bit concerned about Sept /Oct & the mechanical problems Infinity gets from time to time. but seems it will be OK If you don't mind sharing some more info--how did the trip work gooing from vancouver--Did you fly there ahead of time, & get to see the city or Victoria Island? how was immigration handled ? Did you stay over extra days in Honolulu or get to do a day overnight there on the ship?..Husb favors leaving from Vancouver, I am thinking Ensenada so we could get RT air from Calif? Also did you bookoair on your own or through the cruiseline? Usually we do our own but think maybe using cruise air might be best in this situation. Thanks in advance,
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:46 PM
tokathy

We are a couple in our late 50's from NJ and this was the first trip that we booked the air through the cruise line. (We have cruised about a dozen times and always did the air ourselves) There was no direct flight from Newark Airport to Vancouver so we had a stop and a plane change. I was not happy flying to Houston then to Vancouver, it made for a long travel day. We flew a day early and enjoyed seeing Vancouver, it is a fabulous city and if we ever sail from there again I will fly several days ahead. We went through immigration at Vancouver airport.
On our April 2005 Infinity sailing transcanal we have to leave from Ensenada and I don't cherish the thought of that long bus trip from San Diego. I vote with your husband, sail from Vancouver.
We stayed on a few nights post cruise in Honolulu and did the Pearl Harbor tour the day prior to our 7PM departure flight home. (Flight home was 9 hrs non-stop) You cannot take anything in Pearl Harbor (not even a pocket book) so we left our luggage at the hotel after check out. We rented a car at each port and saw so much more than taking a ship tour every day. We love to go at our own pace and stop where & when we want. (Alamo had great deals) In Hilo we did the Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour which was around 3 hours flight time and it was great to be perched right over the active lava flow and watch the volcano in action.....
I wouldn't worry about the Infinity and any possible breakdown problems, of course anyhing can happen with any ship......but not worth fretting about or making cruise plans based on a "what if" scenario....book it and enjoy it the Infinity won't let you down!
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Hagar

Sorry to say that Infinity won't be sailing out of Vancouver next spring. I wanted to book this but i will have to go RCCL instead.
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:31 AM
hcat

Hagar--how did you find this out??? We called Celeb & they said that the fall o5 trips would not be annonced until July-- Do you know anything else about the Hawaii itins on Celeb? Royal is also our alternative but were hoping to see the Infinity itin first..pls respond or e-mail us with info Glad you posted. & thanks to all for the in depth info--had decided on Vancouver as a result--hmmmmm
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:52 PM
hcat

Oh well, did not hear back from Hagar yet but decided to book Radiance for Hawaii fall 05. It fits our anniv dates & in case it is true abt Infinity I did not want to miss out- on the only available alternative. -it's far enough ahead that we could switch back if needed--we go back & forth between the two lines anyhow-- Based upon above helpful info we will do 2 days ahead in Vancouver & one extra day honolulu-- (between that & our Panama Canal in 05 we will use up every vacation day we have in 05-- Hagar If you book Radiance-see you over on the Royal Board.
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Hagar

hcat

I went to book and agent phoned Cleb. and at first they said that it was closed, went to another agent and they phoned Cleb, and were told by them that Infinity wasn't going from Vancouver then it turns out that it will be in the carib. instead at that time, so I will be on Seranade instead in May/05.
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:48 AM
hcat

I think the thing is that Infinity only goes from Vancouver in the fall when it relocates from doing its Alaska itin. No schedules were out yet for fall o5 when we want to go & they said they's be out in July. In any event--we are happy enough with radiance & will catch Infinity another time. Enjoy your trip!
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM
hcat

Website shows Infinity in Alaska in Sept 05 Wonder when the full schedules will be out--must be coming soon!